Thread: To overclock or not?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    i just ordered it today cant wait till it gets here the one i have now is shit i took off the sidepanel drilled a few holes cut a whole in the top and mounted a hard drive on top of it lol dunno y but tya its in pretty bad shape...got the case for like 40 bucks off ebay go figue
    Lol yeah i did the same at first i bought an antec mid tower case which is very nice for around $100 then when i built my second system i got a case called the

This case is almost identical to it except on mine the power/reset buttons are a little larger more of an oval shape,and the usb ports/speaker jacks are hidden with a magnetic door.
    "super designer x-window" its a decent case i paid like $70 for but i dont really like it and neither have enough airflow to do any serious Overclocking to without major upgrade to the case which i have no expierience in.So i think the aspire case is a nice way around the modding problem.This will be my first overclocking project should be fun.

@FastGame-

Ive been on the hunt for AMD Mobile athlon xp 2600+'s with no luck however i have seen the AMD mobile athlon xp 2800+'s have any expierience with them?I actually am watching an XP-M 2600+ on ebay for $70 and a 2800+ for like $60.Still got like 3-4 days left on bidding so im trying to get a last mintute bid in lol.A local PC store i called said the XP-M 2600+ were like $140 which doesnt sound right since ive seen them average $70-96 on the net.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; February 3rd, 2005 at 05:22 AM.