Thread: How to get a pic's icon in a file of the icon only?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is there a way to get just a pic's icon in a file of the icon only?

Have tried but no luck.

The icon(s) in question are sitting in My Documents and have, of course, a picture file associated with them. I believe that the three different icons I am interested in all come from different viewers, though the only viewers I have (as listed in the "Open With" pop-up) are Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Paint, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Image Ready.

Now I just used to use Corel PhotoPaint and its icon was a tiny camera. But only 3-4 days ago I uninstalled Corel and installed PhotoShop. Since then these 3 new icons have shown up in picture files saved in My Documents. And I would like to know what viewer the icons came from.

How to find that out? Well, I thought if I could get a file of just the icon (1 for each file), I could attach them to a post and someone at Techzonez might know. Is there a ways to do this?. I mean I could describe the icon but a small 16x16 pixel or 32x32 pixel file would be a much better way.

If it makes a difference, I'm running XP.

wumply

EDIT: Thread title shortened and moved to "Imaging Software"
    Last edited by Reverend; February 6th, 2005 at 12:02 PM.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html