Thread: How would I replace Firefox with MSIE?

How would I replace Firefox with MSIE?

I AM NOT ABOUT TO DO THIS but I could not, by right-clicking on an embedded pic in my email, get the picture into my browser. The header and text of the email got in there though.

When I had MSIE 6.x I am pretty sure I was able to get such pics into my browser, which I often did if I wanted to save the embedded pic.

So I was thinking if I could switch back once in a while WHEN I wanted to save and embedded picture, it would indeed be handy. And then switch back to Firefox.

Can I do this and how? I use XP so of course MSIE is on my hard drive. But how would I get it working again? Would I have to remove Firefox--or what?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    you might be able to make IE the default Browser again... go to tools->programs, then tick "check default browser" close IE, and start it again, say Yes...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

an easy way to access IE in XP is open up My Computer, type a url into the address bar and hit enter.

or, there is an extension for Firefox at http://www.mozdev.org called "view with IE" or something like that so that when you right click on something in FF, you can view it in IE without opening up IE and typing the location into the address bar.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalfury
    or, there is an extension for Firefox at http://www.mozdev.org called "view with IE" or something like that so that when you right click on something in FF, you can view it in IE without opening up IE and typing the location into the address bar.
    I use this extension on occasion and it works fine.

start > programs > windows update -- opens ie, just type in the url.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    why not just start -> programs -> IE ??

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Because I went Start > Programs but there was no IE in the program list. It baffles me. I can get to IT (or www.msn.com) because I do have an msn.com s/c onl my desktop.

Another oddity is that when--at msn.com--I go tools > options > Programs tab and take a look at the check box "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default." It's generally checked; should it not be, I check it. Now I read on the net that I should click "Apply" and then "OK" after which "the next time I run IE, a confirmation dialog box should appear asking you whether you want it to be the default browser again. Now click 'yes'". But that never happened since I installed Firefox. Go figure. FF remains my browser. Have you some suggestions?