Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incredimail problem...no one seems to know....

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    There's a possibility it could be your IE settings that are causing the links not to open.
    Have you tried opening the links in Outlook Express?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Here is upgrade to IM 710....

Talking Happy...problem solved

Incredimail responded and it is a glitch that they are currently fixing....
    Phew!!!
    I thought I messed up my system ( I have before).... :) Accidentally of course.

Thank you everyone for all your support and input.
    I truly appreciated all your advice.
    Thanks again and happy surfing everyone.

I as well sent an e-mail to IM. I have yet to hear from them but it is good to know that they are doing something. Please keep us posted on your progress Susan.........

I had IM before & did not like it because of this problem. But I think that I found one solution for this behavior. When you click on a link inside a mail & the IE-window opens & doesn't work. Check the adress in the IE-window. For me it looked like this "http://www.techzonez.com/" (yes, with the double-quotes).
    After a couple of "bad" days I accidently hold down shift while clicking the link (for open in a new window in IE). The link was OK. After that it worked the whole time I was logged in (without holding down Shift). After logging out & in again & clicked a link, it was "bad" again. So for me the solution was to start every mail-clicking-session with clicking a link while holding down Shift. It worked everytime.
    Try it. It's free of charge.

Interesting 'fix' Does it make a difference if you have "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts" checked or unchecked? If it's unchecked then the browser will always open in a new window.

Can be found in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

I didn't came up with that idea....
    What I did was (like others) send IM a mail & I also was (by auto-email-respond?) getting a respond that they should take a look at it. That was about 2-3 months ago.... I'm not sure but I think that the programmers at IM are not the fastest's in the programming-world....
    Maybe it's because I use the free-version of IM?
    Free?
    I paid every time I used IM by looking at some advertising inside IM + that IM is loaded with spyware, so I'm not sure it's "that free".

Another "bad" thing about IM (free version only?):
    every mail you send have a file included (it's some advertising from/about IM).
    I think this was may main reason to quit using IM.
    When I was "mail-talking" to support/offices some has a "protection" that all email with included files are spam/security-risks because they are "to big" (in KB) & was deletet.
    You can read about it from this adress where I found this out:
    http://www.blkviper.com/Articles/OS/Email/filter1.htm

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    yeah I hate adverts.. yahoo does the same crap.. and when I get a message on my mobile, their advert is included and I have to pay by character.. considering their adverts can run 200-300 characters at 1-2 cents a character it adds up

Originally posted by Big Booger
    yeah I hate adverts.. yahoo does the same crap.. and when I get a message on my mobile, their advert is included and I have to pay by character.. considering their adverts can run 200-300 characters at 1-2 cents a character it adds up
    International laws should be passed about adverts on mobiles. Makes me boil when they're using your airtime to conduct their business.