Thread: Flash Problems

Flash Problems

Hi people, I'm working on a small GUI app (made in Flash) that will allow professors to type in the name, description, filename, etc. of recorded lectures. The idea was to take all this information and have flash export it to an RSS (XML) file which could simply be uploaded to the same location as the audio files. Then students could have access to the audio files, and could podcast them.

My problem is simply getting flash to create an external text document, any suggestions?

OK, better question. Say I wanted to make it really easy for professors to type in the name of the recorded audio file and have the (program/script/etc.) fill in the XML tags with the appropriate syntax, how would I go about doing that?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I would think your best bet would to create an ASPX page or PHP if you desire, mock up a quick form page and script it with built-in VB.NET XML wrapper which basically writes the XML file for you

First step is to design/create the XML schema (format) that is required to store the metadata...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---