Thread: Start Menu Reorganization HELP PLEASE!

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar

Start Menu Reorganization HELP PLEASE!

I am having a lot of problems trying to reorganize my Start Menu Programs.

I had always gone to the Document and Settings folder and then to the Administrator, my name, and the default user folders under start menu and adjusted them all to be the same.

All of a sudden, there is nothing shown in the start menu folders for my name, and default user. The Administration folder does show entries but NOT everything that displays when I go the START the Programs.

I installed TWEAKNOW Power Pack 2005 as it was suggested to me that it had the option to fix this, but it shows items in TWO locations ( My Program Menu and All Users Program Menu ) and I cannot locate either of these anywhere on my system.

I really need to reorganize my start menu to a more simple one.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.
    Last edited by Denyse; March 29th, 2005 at 05:43 AM.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    if you right click on the start bar and go to explore all users then to programs. what I do is create subfolders ex: Anti-virus, internet apps, imaging apps...etc. then just drag and drop them into the new folders. Then when I click on start I only have 1 column. I think this is what you mean.

P.S. glad to see another photographer aboard. I dont shoot professionally anymore mainly just a hobby. couldnt get by on the money that I was making here in san diego.

I cannot believe that I had never seen that option before. I feel so ....

Thank you so much!

I grew up with photography, so it just seemed the natural thing to do. Though did finally break down and get a digitial camera, it is still my Leica's that get me through most of the work load.

just dusted off my canon eos elanIIe and went to joshua tree this weekend. havent got the prints back but kinda worried havent been using 35mm for awhile. just my Point n Shoot digi camera.

which leica's do you have.M5, M7... they got some of the best rangefinders!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Dont lie Phish, you told us you love your 500mm tele-zoom lens for taking photos from the Bridge

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    which leica's do you have.M5, M7... they got some of the best rangefinders!
    I have an older ones. 2 M4's one I use a Visoflex on so I can use the longer focals. Both were factory modified with the autowinder.

I also have a 4X5 Speed Graphic wiht a variety of Lenses as well as an 11X14 Eastman Studio Camera, which is fitted with an 11.75" Voightlander & Sons studio lens.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I cannot believe that someone on THIS board hasn't said "OMG She's Georgeous!!"

It is quite interesting to see the tools of a Professional Photographer... seems a little more involved than point-click digi-cams...

Are you starting to move towards a digital environment? Do you have a specific computer hardware setup... ie Slide/Film capable Scanner, high-quality dye printer etc etc?

Well, rik, i like her Disney fonts...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    That she is!

Golly... you should have seen me when I was younger!

I am not really into the digital end of photography. I still prefer to do the "work" with the camera, composition and lighting and not on a computer screen. Though I will have to admit, I do some air-brushing and some re-touching at times.

Maybe we should move all of this to the General Chat area; rather than this technical area. What do you think?

I'm not interested in looks its whats inside that counts.

anyone's gaydar go haywire.
    I would have to say back in the day I was a serious wannbe. did about 2 weddings a month and also did studio work from my place. I use to love kicking back in the laundry room and print some of my B&W work.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I'm sure this is fine here. The longer you're around you'll begin to realize how threads get hijacked from actual subject to wherever we end up!

Be sure and read around a bit and stop in and formally introduce yourself when you have time.

I'm sure this is fine here. The longer you're around you'll begin to realize how threads get hijacked from actual subject to wherever we end up!

Be sure and read around a bit and stop in and formally introduce yourself when you have time.
    Yep, Rik and I are master Hi-jackers... I say Hi and he Jacks j/k

Good idea to start a new Introduction thread though, then we can bounce ideas around...

At least when you start getting more involved in computers and photos, you've found a great place for any questions

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    Don't believe everything you see Rik. It could be a trick lens.