Thread: icon driving me nuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry icon driving me nuts

I have a LAN icon that shows itself on the display on the lower right of the screen near the rest of the icons.
    In my "network connections" folder i MUST have "enabled" if i want log on to the internet thru my "broadband" (dsl) desktop icon.
    Before i never had this LAN icon in that notification display and would like to know how to get rid of it.
    It's driving me nuts asking around with nobody really knowing.
    Sometimes when im ON the internet i get a yellow exclaimation over the 2-computer icon...grrr
    thanks

Go to Network Connections then right click on the LAN click properties. Then look for the check box at the bottom of the window which says "Show icon in notification area when connected" Uncheck this. Then Apply and OK

That should remove the icon from the tray. The yellow exclamation is just the Windows Sercurity Centre. Nothing can be done about that.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

thanks Josh, but for some reason, it's still showing even when the box is unchecked.
    didn't have to do a thing, it was already unchecked.
    any ideas?