Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Update not working

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Ok I got it working....M$ support was very nice in helping me It seems that there are no Windows Updates for the year 2018 thats right my windows sys. clock was broke....kept setting the time right , but date wrong I disabled it and downloaded Atomic Clock Sync and all is fine now

If you haven't done so it's best to go to the link for Windows Update Catalog & download then burn to CD , that way you'll always have them for easy install in case of.....crash , burn , reinstall Windows.

Thanks to all for the help

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I will keep that in mind the next time I get a question about the MS update. *Note to self* remember time screw up with fastgame... for future update woes.
    HEHEHE
    BB

Thats a good one to remember.....you do remember that my NAV 2002 had just expired ? well guess what.....thats right it's now unexpired

Is that a word BB.....unexpired ?

I've been to the Future....in the year 2018 there are no updates & all my software had expired it's good to be back.....2002

unexpired adj : not having come to an end or been terminated by passage of time; "elected to fill the senator's unexpired term"; "an unexpired driver's license"

yes it is a word hehehe
    glad to see your NAV is back for you.
    what happened to it in the first place?
    BB

Well when the clock decided to break and keep resetting to the year 2018 , NAV expired. Now that I have Atomic Clock and the year is 2002 NAV is unexpired.

Actually the clock would reset to a different year at each reboot , NAV only had a couple of months left anyway so I'm getting a new one

Thanks

Sounds like a bad CMOS battery... or something really fishy with the BIOS time...
    BB

No the comos batt is new....I use Atomic Clock Sync to automatically adjust the time in XP & all is ok , if I let windows adjust time all is bad. There still could be something fishy...wouldn't be the first time but as long as I have Atomic Clock Sync at least the right fish are being caught

Anyway this rig is dual boot & all is fine on the 98se HD even without Atomic Clock

Just another little inconvenience of Life.....

Maybe your installation is possessed with the BillG Devil :msndevil:
    hehehe
    BB