i am moving this thread http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14239 over to here since i feel it has progressed more appropriately to the overclocking stage. the hardware i received to upgrade my buddy's pc was the asus a7n8x-x mobo, 3 sticks of 512 mb pc3200 corsair ram, a 2800+ amd athlon xp cpu w/stock hs and fan, and an ati radeon vid card with 256 mb vid ram. the mobo has the fsb abilty to go to 400 mhz, as does the ram. the cpu is set at 333 mhz but can be o/c'd. this is where i need help. i am unsure of what to change the settings to in cmos, there are so many options and possible configurations. i've dabbled a little and found that the cpu external frequency doesnt boot at 200 mhz, but is quite happy at 166 mhz. but that is also dependent upon the frequency multiple being set to auto. there are also cpu vcore settings and fsb spread spectrum settings, cpu interface and agp spread spectrum settings... like i said, so many choices. if anyone is familiar with this hw, and can help with the o/c settings, i'd appreciate the input. ~s

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- Groucho Marx