Thread: may I have some CPU pwease? D E N I E D !

Titanium Member

may I have some CPU pwease? D E N I E D !

I'm having a very strange problem. It seems, with any brower, CPU is being denied - even if I set priority high. I have been watching task manager while starting several browsers and I can see it approach maybe 30% then suddenly drop to 0% before any page begins to load. Does anyone know WTF is going on? I have used True Image to restore to last month but the problem persists ON BOTH COMPUTERS! (actually more on my computer - I can, at least open one tab with this computer)

Help please!!!!
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 8th, 2005 at 03:53 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Help please!!!!
    Is that what you really want ? or does the help need to fit what you want to hear ?

Format, use 1 AV, use 1 anti-spyware, use 1 firewall and throw all that other stuff away !!! Get a new hobby like see how many MP3's you can collect or something.

Go out with the girl who wants you and maybe she'll take your mind off all that security stuff that's squeezing every last bit of code your PC has to offer....

Titanium Member
    I am using True Image that only has 1 av and 1fw - solution do not work. Take a look. There is not much cpu being used to be hogged by anything. Browser is not pulling or being given cpu. * edit - oh yeah SS is on my computer that has no connection. Well, looking at task manager, there is 0-20% cpu used while browser is at 0% trying to load a page. That leaves 80% of cpu free but not given to browser at all - browser then times out.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 8th, 2005 at 04:48 AM.

I think there's some big DOS attack going on or something. I'm having a rough time going anywhere tonight, every thing is timing out for me too...

Titanium Member
    Fastgame, emule connects. My browsers are not pulling or taking enough CPU cycles to make any connection. **edit - hmmm. everything back to normal (except my apps are old)
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 8th, 2005 at 06:07 AM.

Titanium Member
    Here we go again. As you can see there is hardly any cpu being used yet my (all) browser is not pulling any cpu at all - this is when it's supposed to be loading pages! - nevermind, I cannot connect to imageshack at all - let alone any other website - I was lucky to connect to this one

Last edited by lynchknot; April 14th, 2005 at 02:08 AM.

Hmm that night we both had that problem
    I think there's some big DOS attack going on or something
    Turned out to be my ISP, they were having router problems No URL to connect to= no CPU usage....at least in my case.

Titanium Member
    How does that explain my browser not using any CPU while Emule is working normally. My Browser does the lookup but could not with no CPU (I have DNS in services disabled)

Incidentally, everything is back to normal - by itself.

I did find this interesting though - gotta love black ice for this

inetnum: 221.232.0.0 - 221.235.255.255
    netname: CHINANET-HB
    descr: CHINANET Hubei province network
    descr: China Telecom
    descr: A12,Xin-Jie-Kou-Wai Street
    descr: Beijing 100088

Titanium Member
    Problem solved. It was switchproxy extension - even though I never used it. I uninstalled it.