Thread: Install xp on sata.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation Install xp on sata.

does anyone know how to make this work, i have the aD 77 infin board, the raid is hipoint and the sata is in woth that controller, iv tryed everythign to make it work, and nothing, iv tryed the raid drivers from dfi, am i supposed to manelly take the folders and extract only xp and the txt.oem file on flopy?

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

drivers to floppy root
    press f6 at start of setup (xp)
    insert floppy
    choose correct driver

If does not work possible driver/floppy corrupted
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

OK I am ... Are you wanting to build a RAID and then install the OS on it or are you just wanting to use a SATA drive (single) to load the OS on?

wanted to load xp onto the single sata drive, i drive 12 disks, bought new ones, still gives me a prob, but i found a way around the floppy install its ugly but it works, i installed my junky 4 gig hdd, installed xp onto it, installed raid/sata controller, all drivers, rebooted, ghosted it to another junky 3 gig hd, the rebooted enabled raid controller, and ghosted the image from the 4 gig to the 80 gig sata driver rebooted once it was done, powered off, took the junk drives outl and vala it works, just wanted to do a clean install, this was a last resort to see if tid work,

You can not argue with results. Glad to see you got it going...

lol i now have a custom made XP i used nlite and now i have 100% controll over every single part of automating windows xp with proper raid drivers, i was surfing looking for ways to add raid without boot floppys and bam this ad came up for nlite so i go to the source get the apps and install .net frame work, now i have a tweaked, smaller, bootable, xp cd, all serives i needed are diasbled, all drivers i needed added, its unnattended, and i removed useless components,