Thread: windows messenger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

windows messenger

Hello everyone!
    I have a little problem. For the past week I have not been able to get to my hotmail through my windows messenger. All I get is the loggin screen but its all white and nothing else.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks and have a great day.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Hi and welcome to Techzonez

Make sure that the date for your clock is set right , maybe you don't have mail for the year 2018 yet....sorry , inside joke....back to topic

Have you added any updates ? done any reg cleaning ? upgraded messenger before this happened ?

I'll give you one way to try and get a fix , works on most things in XP without racking your Brain on what the heck happened. Go to system restore & set back to a point you know it worked. If this fixes the problem then let it run a few days and if all is ok then go to system restore again , create a new restore point , then go to disk clean up & remove all restore points except most recent.

I'm one who has tried most experiments and reg cleaners in XP....the above has has never let me down (used many times) that is unless my clock was set to the year 2018

If this doesn't help check back....we'll get ya going

BTW does wickedmaiden4u mean that your another of our wonderful Female members ?

Wink

Hello Fast Game and thank u for the reply!
    I have not done anything new at all and I am not having any other problems w the messanger, just the access to hotmail.
    Come to think of it though...................I was checking my hotmail at my friends house and when I signed in to messanger it told me that there is a new upgraded version with new things and it asked if I wanted to downloaded but since I was not at my own pc I passed on it and just checked the mail. When I got home and signed on it did not mention anything new at all and I did not have much time so I just sort of forgot about it but thats when I started to have problems with the hotmail. I guess I will try and do what u said and see if that works.
    Once again thank you.
    Btw.............yes I am wonderful (how did u know?)..........lol and yes I am also a woman.
    Take care

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Welcome wonderful female member!

Why thank you Conan!!!
    It's good to be here.

wickedmaiden4u what version of messenger are you currently running on your pc, maybe you could try a different version. An upgrade may help the corruption that you presently have with your current version
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    You can get the latest official version here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hello to u all!
    Thanks for the link Reverend but I already am running the 4.6 version and I can not find anything at all about a newer version anywhere and I guess thats what I find really strange since it did ask me to download the newest one when I was at my friends house. Oh well! I still have to do that restore thing and see how that works.
    Once again thanxs!
    Have a great day.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    If restore doesn't work,try re-installing messenger using the 4.6 download from the previous link i posted.

Good luck.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    wickedmaiden4u the reason it said to download the new version of Messenger at your friends house is because your friend needed the upgrade on their comp

Maybe you'll see this before the sys restore....try to reinstall messenger with the link Rev gives & if that doesn't work then do the restore....hmm should've thought of that in the first place