Thread: Archiving Hotmail

Archiving Hotmail

I (again) am trying to set up an archiving system for my Hotmail accounts. I've tried the old Outlook Express technique, but can't seem to archive emails in such a way that the list of emails in the archive shows the the sender and date.

For example, in Hotmail, the email lists show FROM, SUBJECT, DATE, and SIZE. Once I've stored the emails in an archive file, all I see is the SUBJECT. I try customizing the folder, even adding "author" or "description" to the headers, but nothing shows me who the email is actually from. I have to actually open the email file to see the source.

I can't help but think there's some better way. . . some program that emulates Hotmail, but stores email on my pc.

Suggestions?

Rees

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I'd like to know how to get this done as well. If you figure it out please post your resolution.

Make a new folder in OE under the normal tree 'local folders' not the Hotmail tree and call it something obvious like 'Archived Hotmail', drag drop messages into it from hotmail. This creates a 'Archived Hotmail.dbx' mail folder file in the default store location which you can copy elsewhere if you wish.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thanks Curio