Thread: amd64...mobo settings relative to memory timing!

Smile amd64...mobo settings relative to memory timing!

I'm hoping someone can help me out with settings on my system please...I running a gigabyte GA-K8NS nforce250 mobo with an AMD64 Newcastle chip, patriot3200xblk 2-2-2-5 1t 512x2 memory currently at 225x11. Looking at CPUZ it reports my memory running at 176.8mhz not 200mhz ...my mobo memory timings currently set at 2-2-2-6 2t by the auto option in mobo..not 1t?? if i click on this option though it only has auto,enable and disable so i guess i wondering how/if it is poss to get it at 1t...and there are settings such as row cycle time currently 11 clocks, row ref cycle time 13 clocks?? and refresh period 2x3120??? it running o.k at the mo although memory seems a little slow kinda hangs an takes time to open programs...although they run quick once opened. i ran memtest for 24hrs...no probs....sisoft etc and eveything seems stable and very cool 41 degrees under load...
    it just the memory timings puzzling me really...

i did read most of the other forums here and wondering if i need to lower the fsb multiplier?? and what effect this will have??? would really, really, really appreciate ya help with this.....lmao....

you speak of an option that is either enable disable or auto. If this option is to use 2t then disable should automatically force it to run 1t.

Can you post the exact specs of your computer because the only thing i can think of that can force ram to be 2t is the CPU is overclocked too high and the RAM cant handle it.

well the cpu is overclocked to 225x11 instead of 200x11...
    my memory is running at 176.8 mhz at the overclocked 225x11....maybe i'll try to knock it back to default 200x11 and see if this runs memory at 1t timings...many thanks an would appreciate any other help/advice anyone has to offer..

well i disabled 2ttiminds and booted up at default 200x11 no prob although memory was then at 159.mhz...however i tried uping it to 205x11 an could not boot up with 2t timings disabled......

AMD64 3200+ 2.2ghz oc to 220x11=2420mhz
    gigabyte GA-K8NS nforce3 250
    patriot xblk 2-2-2-5-1t 512x2
    windows xp pro sp2