Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: desktop

I recently got a new laptop, it's a wide screen...

here's the desktop...

-adiemus

Actually, my mom bought it but come on I use it more....
    Last edited by adiemus; December 28th, 2005 at 04:31 AM.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Here is mine at work. It is in progress, but more or less here it is

That is with the Winamp on. I had set it with transparency when not on mouse hover (same for the rainlendar)
    Here it is with the fadeout effect from Winamp

I have to remove some of the icons later to clean it up. Unfortunately I don't seem to have enought time to read the links (which I need) and my favorites are already TOO FULL so I don't want to put them in the fav
    Since this is my PC at work, I wanted to use black and grey combination, but the desktop theme is too black on the menu
    I am considering maybe an Aero theme, but they are too common
    I will also be putting more resource monitoring, in order to monitor the servers, but in my test it uses quite the RAM

Platinum+ Member
    How can I get this theme Dehcbad? Do I get windowsblinds and dl it from somewhere?

I think I got the theme from DeviantART. The theme name is diamond. Can't give you the link since I downloaded long time ago.
    I don't use any skin program at the office because it is an office
    I used the uxtheme.dll patch (google search time )
    I had the theme for a long time, but I had themes disabled in my work's pc since I had only 512 of RAM, and my administration programs take about 300 MB (from the 350 already loaded from Windows Startup)
    I finally got more RAM 2 weeks ago (it was WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, more than what we pay for PCs since it is RDRAM )
    So, now I have 1.5 GB and I can experiment a little bit. I am working on getting modules to check for the server resources (up/down speeds, CPU, RAM, the works) but it takes quite some resources, so I am kind of skeptic.
    I am preparing a better one for my house PC. I started it 3 days ago, and from there I got the ideas to the office. I am between a serious professional look and an Aero look. I will see if I have time to try the Aero look later, for now this is fine
    At home I am kind of in love with my wallpapers and I want to use something that pairs with them.
    BTW, the wallpaper for the office was made by me. It is a multi screen, but It doesn't fit well yet. Just to lazy to fix it. I am thinking into splitting it, so it supports more resolutions, but I think that would take more RAM

Ok, here is the desktop at home. Finally I got out of work early today, and I work on this desktop for 3 hours. I have a couple of things to fix, but pretty much it is done.
    Here just the desktop part...

And here with the Windows theme

Remember this is a multi monitor set up (I think it is obvious )
    So, how is it?
    I already have some ideas for the other theme, decided today on the wallpapers, and parts. It is going to be Longhorn Aero type, but I am not quite ready to give up dragon lady yet
    I still have to tweak some the desktop theme since it is using ~15% CPU, and about 25~30 MB RAM (depending on the slideshow pic)
    Made mistake to leave the slideshow to 5 sec

Dehcbad25, you've got a really sweeeeeeeeeeetness desktop dude...

-adiemus

Platinum+ Member
    I can see why you wouldnt want to give up the theme+wallpaper combination
    The Longhorn Aero plan sounds good. By the looks of it Win 06 is going to be a RAMophile...

Hey, no prob It is just that really are themes I had for quite some time some of them, and I don't really have the links. I have to search for them.
    Lets see, for the one at work.
    First I applied the Longhorn Transformation pack 0.9, which I got from the front page of TZ news when it was released. It should be in one of these links (I have them block at work, so I can't check them out)
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...formation+pack
    This at the same time also applies the utxtheme patch. Using the transformation pack I got the icons.
    The black desktop theme is diamond. I got it from deviantArt I believe. I can't search DeviantArt because I don't have an account which is required to log in.
    I am using Rainlendar Glossy skin for the calendar/Todo/Events part.
    Winamp 5.08e with MonoLite color theme (modern Skin) which is included in Winamp itself.
    Extended the task bar, so I can see all icons with the complete date (no secret there )
    And for the system information I am using Samurize with the ElementAlloy Config. I re-arranged the config a bit, added the media cover.
    for the wallpaper I use one made by myself All Ferraris
    The whole theme was to tune up with the wallpaper actually. I used Diamond 3~4 months ago, and people said it looked very professional (dual LCD black screens, black mouse, keyboard, web cam, headphones, stapler bla bla) since I am at the office everything has a black on aluminum feel (even coffee mug) so I wanted to match it up a little.
    Today I added 2 slide shows (config LH6) one with Art slides, the other with cars mainly.
    MSN used a background with gray (Mac OS Panther) and set the colors of the window to grey...and well, everything I could configure the looks I made it gray/silver/metal style
    For the home one I will have to check at home.

here is a pic with the slideshows added
    I forgot to mention, the bar at the top is Nview (Nvidia video card's software)

And I have put as 25 for the Star menu programs list
    PS; Since I am not really that happy with the wallpaper, if you want I can zip the pics and put them together in a file, and make them available in the case you want them, otherwise I can just upload the wallpaper, but as I said, it doesn't slipt that perfect in dual screens, which is what I want to fix (and by mistake I repeated a picture)
    Last edited by Dehcbad25; April 19th, 2005 at 21:41 PM.

Considering that Tarun hasn't answered I am guessing he probably is really busy right now putting together a desktop
    I have spent a lot of time lately in DeviantArt, looking for digital Art. I am amazed at what some people can do with Photoshop. I can barely do a gradient, and I was so happy when I learn how to do it
    I am thinking into making myself some time and learn more about graphics programs. (off topic )

Nice desktop.

What kind of music does evanescence play?
    Thanks

Platinum+ Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Considering that Tarun hasn't answered I am guessing he probably is really busy right now putting together a desktop
    I have spent a lot of time lately in DeviantArt, looking for digital Art. I am amazed at what some people can do with Photoshop. I can barely do a gradient, and I was so happy when I learn how to do it
    I am thinking into making myself some time and learn more about graphics programs. (off topic )
    Unfortunately, I'm busy with non-computer stuff

he probably is really busy right now putting together a desktop
    I wish... I'm a newbie by most standards....

So, now I have 1.5 GB and I can experiment a little bit
    1.5GB RDRAM! How many satellites do you control with your Cray?

I am amazed at what some people can do with Photoshop.
    I got a Paint Shop Pro 9 CD so I was going to mess around with it... is it as useful as Photoshop?
    You can look at the POV RAY hall of fame if you like, some of them look very real.
    Last edited by tarun; April 24th, 2005 at 06:49 AM.

@ Tarum I believe PaintShop is not a full featured as Photoshop (they have a 400+$ difference) but I think it should do most, and it is a good start. I used Paint Shop pro long time ago (very old version, had it included with something, probably a magazine). This is just an educated guess since I haven't compare Photoshop with Painter, and I can't since I can't use either
    About the POV, I think I check it out the web site before, but I had forgotten about it. Thanks. Now I have another program that I would love to use. I am trying to learn to use Vectors (my curent favorite) using Expression. I like the point that I can edit objets individually. I was going to try to learn photoshop, and maybe get a drawing tablet, and not I have POv for 3 d
    @ Veronica Evanescence according to AllMusic is Goth Metal, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    @ Tarum I believe PaintShop is not a full featured as Photoshop (they have a 400+$ difference) but I think it should do most, and it is a good start. I used Paint Shop pro long time ago (very old version, had it included with something, probably a magazine). This is just an educated guess since I haven't compare Photoshop with Painter, and I can't since I can't use either
    About the POV, I think I check it out the web site before, but I had forgotten about it. Thanks. Now I have another program that I would love to use. I am trying to learn to use Vectors (my curent favorite) using Expression. I like the point that I can edit objets individually. I was going to try to learn photoshop, and maybe get a drawing tablet, and not I have POv for 3 d
    @ Veronica Evanescence according to AllMusic is Goth Metal, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
    Thank you

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Ubuntu

Last edited by rik; April 26th, 2005 at 14:26 PM.