Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: desktop

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar

Talking To (Rever), (Harry)

Originally posted by Reverend
    Hey Gimie can't you find the edit button.
    Moan moan moan, that's all you ever do

Well i could use just one post to reply to more then one person, but i find it respectful to allow a new post for each person/topic i'm replying too.

Sure it puts the post count up, so what (hehe), and it takes a weee bit more space, but it gets my message across much more easier/clearer and the topics are seperated for full intake for readers, one post at a time .

I could try another way of posting, but i don't think it will be as "Effective" as the one i got now

Gimie

[Update] Trying new reply system now [Update]

Originally posted by harrytb
    you are right,it is windows blinds.
    i'm going to remove it soon,everytime i change the theme,the system doc window disapears off screen...DOHH!

i know it takes loads of res,but it looks quite pretty.
    Yeah thought so, i can always tell a Windows Blind theme, they are very rough and have bold darkended edges at every boarder/corner of the Windows, yuk.

I agree, Nortons System Doctor is very pretty to look at with all them graphs and complex information, lol , enjoy!

Gimie
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; April 16th, 2002 at 01:39 AM.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Originally posted by GimieGimieGimie

LoL!

That's nothing compared to my latest quick launch bar, hehe it's in such a mess, it's time to bring out True Launch Bar and bring some organization into the pits

Gimie
    You mean deodorant?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Talking

Originally posted by piaqt

You mean deodorant?
    LoL!

That would be "Arm" pits we would be talking about there , i'm talking about the pits of hell i call "Computer life"

Gimie

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Nice themes everyone...
    Harry that is one skin I havent seen the close max, and min buttons are unique..
    Pia, that dog is cute...
    Sedative, you go pimp...

And about the edits... Reverend, is there anyway to make the post refresh after editing...
    Example I edit a post, but it does not show up in the view new posts as a new post...
    it stays in the "queue"
    any way to make an editted post show up as a new post?I think this might help ease up a bit on triple postings...etc...
    Thanks
    BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Nice Conan.
    Like the wallpaper!
    Does cablenutt work? I used it before but really could not tell a difference (used it back in the states when I had a 6mbit cable connection)
    BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    Nice Conan.
    Like the wallpaper!
    Does cablenutt work? I used it before but really could not tell a difference (used it back in the states when I had a 6mbit cable connection)
    BB
    Cablenut gets me around 5-8 more kilobits per second. Minor improvement from a free program.

Talking To (Blackwar), (Conan)

Originally posted by BLACKWAR
    and here's mine : http://blackwar1.netfirms.com/desktop9.JPG
    Nice!!!

Originally posted by Conan
    My desktop: http://conan111.netfirms.com/aprildesktop.JPG
    Double Nice!!!

Everyone just loves that "Focus" visual style , it's a beauty ain't it?, with the glassy effect and all, and with 9 colours, ow we!, a colour for everyone!

Speaking about colourful visual styles, look at this mind boogling ****er :

http://www.themexp.org/view_info.php?id=11350

A throwback from the 70s a think, and a happy trip down memory line for the hippy's at heart, lol

Just love it!

Gimie

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Originally posted by BLACKWAR
    and here's mine : http://blackwar1.netfirms.com/desktop9.JPG
    Are you a renegated of the XP system to minimize the dektop shortcuts?
    In my case, if there is something I liked from XP is a clean desktop, and I never let my programs put shortcuts in the desktop, and if they do [delete]
    I see you are oppose to my in that point
    But I like your theme

Talking

Originally posted by Dehcbad25

In my case, if there is something I liked from XP is a clean desktop, and I never let my programs put shortcuts in the desktop, and if they do [delete]
    But I like your theme
    I'm also a ICON on desktop lover, i don't like a clean desktop my self.

Just isn't Windows, i guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, i simply love 3-4 rows of icons on my desktop, makes me feel like i'm more productive in my work. The amount of rows depending on the limitations of one's resolution.

I am also very excited at seeing naked women hiding behind icons, don't ask me why, i just do

I see it this way, there are 3 levels of well known program access, each have their advantages and disadvantages, if all 3 are used, you can be a very effective person.

Listed in terms of the speed:

1 - Desktop, Icons on the desktop were the 1st and main use of opening programs in a flash, they are always in your face and are clearly marked and graphicly beautiful. (My fav)

2 - Quick Launch, same as above, but limited to space and have smaller icons, most people don't use the quick launch to it's full usage. And with True Launch Bar, this on it's own can completely replace the desktop way of storing shortcuts, but it's slightly slower while in menu's.

3 - Start Menu, having to wait for menu's to appear is it's worse part, i only use this for programs i only access once in a blue moon and my favourites menu

I use all 3 for excellent cavourage of speed and access

Gimie
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; April 16th, 2002 at 20:51 PM.

Originally posted by Dehcbad25

But I like your theme
    like Gimie, I usually access the my files from the desktop
    everyone has a different style so u can customize and stuff.. I also put stuff i use everyday in the quick launch bar.. much easier

BLACKWAR

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Well, I use quick launch for programs I use often. I even put My documents there, but it is limited and I don't like more than four. About the start menu, I fell it opens very fast. Well, that is because I use W98 and W2K, so don't have all effects of XP. But my main reason not to use desktop icons is that I like to apreciate my wallpaper, and I would have all screen complete with icons. I play a lot video games, but not the same for more than 2 days consecutives, so imagine how fast I can get it full. since my first PC I use 1024x768 as resolution, which gives me plenty of space, but onc I decided to leave the icons. In thes than a week I had half full
    and with XP is the point that the icons are extremely big. It really annoyed me that when I begun using XP, even they were in "small icons" setting, which is a third more than other windows version.
    Finally, I think is a taste matter. I preffer to see the wallpaper, mostly if a have one like sedative one

Talking

Yep, it's all down to taste, nothing else

As for my Start Menu comment, i like the slowness of XP's menu's, i was referring to the amount of mouse clicks needed compared to a single click on the quick launch for example.

( I'm lazy if you hadn't noticed :sleep: )

Gimie