Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: desktop

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Originally posted by FastGame
    At the count of three follow me...1...2...3 now place your fore finger on your thumb to form an O...now repeat after me..AHMMMM , AHMMMM , ahhhmmmmm.....now don't we all feel better ?
    This might sound very stupid but I couldn't understand you.
    Maybe is the time, or maybe is that I don't remember right now which is the forefinger, or maybe both. Anyway, I couldn't make the "O"

UPDATED
    I am so STUPID!!!! I was trying with fingers from different hand
    Don't laught too hard that this is true

Titanium Member
    Thanks FG - Dehcbad25! - lol you're "KILLING" me!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Holly Cow the heck with Yoga....I feel much better reading your post ! LoL..AhhHa

Hey guys (and girls) I have hear so many time that computer related people are boring because we get too much into PCs. Definetively (or whatever the pronunciation is [I need word spell check]) they haven't met us yet.
    Well, actually I cannot talk seriuously about anything for more than 5 seconds.
    but beign honestely serious, it took me 5 minutes to figure out the "O"
    and not I cannot stop laughing when I think about it.
    Sometimes the answers are so much in front of our noses that we cannot see them (and I don't have a big nose, I think)
    I believe computer people are the greatest race in the world. Yes, we are a different breed!!! Smart as hell, but clumsy. Hard concentrated in PCs but not in anything else. We play Quake III as it was the most serious task, but work as much relax and happy as possible (Hey talking about it, I saw a documental in Discoverer channel where they show programers at silicon valley running around in the chairs and playing guns that throw little balls: COOL!!)
    Now, I don't know why it is so hard to find a woman in this field, or at least a woman that will accept it. Ohh yeahh, there are out there, but I don't know where.

PS: I still insist that is was true that I couldn't understand the "O". Should have explained with more details that is was done with only one hand. Should have see me trying to do it with both hands

Well speaking of answers under your nose..if you did it with both hands you would've made a giant O...think about it...but with the giant O and saying ahhmmm you might of went into a coma !

One of these days the Mod's are going to give us a spanking for going off topic so much...back to topic...

Oh yes thats a wonderful desk top you all have

One of these days the Mod's are going to give us a spanking for going off topic so much...back to topic...

Oh yes thats a wonderful desk top you all have
    Desktop???? Which desktop??????
    Ohh yeahh, this is the threath to post our desktops.
    Well I liked knot desktop so much that I have been using it ever since. Here is my desktop
    I have 2 different versions since I use Nview, but I keep forgetting I have Nview enable so I never change desktops
    In the other I have the grey dragon, and some other change, which I can't remember now Yeahh I forget a lot, and a lot of things. What happens is that I run out of RAM in my head (I have to upgrade) so I keep swaping in virtual mem and I crash very often (each 30 seconds)

Titanium Member
    Hey Dehcbad25, Here's another new DT of mine: http://hotknot.netfirms.com/screenshots/NEWCOBRA.JPG

Where did you get that vertical music controller thingy? I want one!

I have Window blinds & so far I can only make my desktop look like candy. I liked lynchknot desktop so much I stole it and used it for my wall paper , now if I can get my icons to line up with the ones on the wall paper I'll be in business

[edit]= hey lynchnot what did you do to get the car to look so nice ?
    Last edited by FastGame; August 11th, 2002 at 07:10 AM.

Hey LK that one is a great theme also. I like the start menu most. but the taskbar is too big for my taste. If I could I would make it even smaller in mine, for that reason I had made it trasnparent.
    Will you post the link for the theme???
    I will put that for my second desktop.
    The media bar is WMP 9, just minimize WMP and click in an empty space of the taskbar (if you find any) and in the tollbar section select Windows Media Player, and that is all. You have to have WMP 9 though

That car is a digital renderization, right?? If I look very closely it seems a high resolution screenshot of a race car game, or maybe you put a lot of WAX to the car, and got a GREAT camera

Titanium Member
    I have Window blinds & so far I can only make my desktop look like candy. I liked lynchknot desktop so much I stole it and used it for my wall paper , now if I can get my icons to line up with the ones on the wall paper I'll be in business

[edit]= hey lynchnot what did you do to get the car to look so nice ?
    LOL! you used my DT as WALLPAPER! LOL! - you're kidding right?
    If you want that WP i'll tell you where I got it from so you don't have to "line up your icons" LOL.

I took the car to Photoshop Elements and used the "sharpen" feature - i'm still not completely happy with it - if I didn't have to stretch it, it would look so much better.

Titanium Member
    Dehcbad25, the taskbar is normally small - I extended it so I can have large icons (so they would be recognizable) The theme is Chaninja's and there are 2 colors available here: Chaninja Blue
    http://www.tss2000.biz/site_pages/style_themes.php
    (scroll to the bottom of the page and use the search feature under "designer" will be Chaninja's name.)- also with
    Crazy Browser all I have to do is use the wheel (middle) and click to minimize both the taskbar and the toolbar so only the whole screen shows.
    Last edited by lynchknot; August 11th, 2002 at 07:54 AM.

I have never read so much pointless rambling in a forum thread in my whole life LOL
    lynchknot the best thing to do whenever changing or tweaking system files is to always make a backup first
    for example if I was going to make changes to my shell32.dll file, I would copy the original first and then change my copy file name to something like shell32.org or .bak
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    lynchknot: Hit the kb means go to the MS Knowledge Base and search for answers to things. Also, you might subscribe to http://www.kbalertz.com. It's a daily update of knowledge base articles, customized to your preferences.

Again: I'm VERY sorry for the way I worded my response. It came out hostile, when I intended only wiseass. The only stupid question is the unasked one.

Re: shell32.dll: The stuff in IE's toolbar is from bitmaps, not icons. There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to do these things. Try Virtual Plastic. Excellent site; lots of tutorials, explanantions, downloads and links.

Also: SHELL City

A tweaking/icon changing tool: More Properties

It's been around since Win 95. With XP, you get an error message at startup, but I just ignore it. I haven't had any problems with it.

Oh, yeah. Did I mention all these are FREE?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Thanks piaqt , those are some nice links.

Sure will help me out

Sorry zErO for the past pointlessness , I'm I close to a spanking ?