Thread: SP2 probs

Banned

SP2 probs

Hey there,
    I had this problem with one of my pcs and i reinstalled the windows, then when I tried to install sp2 it keeps restarting but never woks. I m like supposed to system restore it. So why is it like that^ my windows xp home is a legit viersion I bought at futureshop, actualy when I bought my pc it came with it. So please help.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878474

Take a look Lankan_man, some info from MS regarding this issue. Might be of help.

Banned
    thx for the link and ur fast reply BB

Banned
    I dont understand well, wuts with all the driver thing?

are you receiving any driver errors when the PC restarts?

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm

Check out that site for some further help.

It states on that michna siteL

Another consideration is the following. Service Pack 2 does install on Windows XP OEM versions, i.e. those that came with a computer and are tied to that computer. But if you run into a problem, these OEM versions usually cannot do repair installations. Often they only allow you to erase everything entirely and start from scratch. In other words, with only an OEM install CD, you run the small additional risk, should the SP2 installation go wrong, of either losing your installation and having to start all over or having to buy a full version of Windows XP.
    You may have to buy a full version of XP if your installation is hosed because the recovery disks may not work.

I really feel that this may help you however:

Reboot loop

If your computer is set to reboot automatically after a blue screen crash, you may never get to see the blue screen. In that case press F8 after the BIOS boot phase, when Windows begins to boot from the hard disk. You may have to press F8 a few times to hit the right time.

Then select the choice (new with Service Pack 2): Disable automatic restart on system failure.
    Last edited by Big Booger; August 16th, 2005 at 20:03 PM.

Banned
    yeah, thats the thing it reboots automaticaly, at the bottom it says sserching floppy, CD sumthing then it keeps rebooting. i<ll try the thing u just said

If your computer is set to reboot automatically after a blue screen crash, you may never get to see the blue screen. In that case press F8 after the BIOS boot phase, when Windows begins to boot from the hard disk. You may have to press F8 a few times to hit the right time.

Then select the choice (new with Service Pack 2): Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Banned
    i didnt see any new with sp2.. wierd... why is it like that what should I do

Banned
    I give up i doesnt work I cant restar my pc, damn it sux cuz my serial code was a legit version so is my windows! but its all a waist!! damn , well i guess i<m gonna go F8, safe mode then sytem restore before installing sp2
    well thx 4 ur help anyways!!
    Last edited by lankan_man; August 16th, 2005 at 20:43 PM.

Banned
    Hey its okay now, i simply installed winXP pro with SP2 but the sucky part is that its not a legit version oh well thx alot guys for ur help,

cee ya!!

glad to hear it is sorted now Lankan.