Thread: Outlook Express

Banned

Outlook Express

Yeah I got an email in outlook express, its with gmail, in case u need to know,

and I was wondering, how do I put a signature in there???

Actualy I want an image signature, can anyone help me

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    To add a signature to outgoing messages

(1)On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.
    (2)To create a signature, click New and then either enter text in the Edit Signature box or click File, and then find the text or HTML file you'd like to use.
    (3)Select the Add signatures to all outgoing messages check box.

Notes

(*)To use different signatures for different accounts, in the Signatures area, select the signature, click Advanced, and then select the account you want to use the signature with.

(*)To use a signature on individual messages only, make sure to clear Add signatures to all outgoing messages. When you compose the message, on the Insert menu, point to Signatures, and then click the signature you want to use.

That should do it.

Banned
    k thx BB

Outlook Express problem

Hi Folks around techzonez, I have recently felt in a problem with Outlook Express 6 and it is that I need to post a signature longer than the amount of characters set in by default, How can I change this values to be able to post a signature longer?

Thanks BB

Sorry for the delay I have done all that and Still not able to post a longer signature than the number of characters allowed by Outlook Express, once you follow all the instructions stated in your reply, there are no posibilities to set a signature longer than XX characters, it keeps saying thar the signature posted (when it is and HTML document) is longer than the signatures allowed.

Once I read that there are ways to modify the registry (in case of Windows), to allow several things that are not set by default, are there a way to do so on Outlook Express?

Any further info will be greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_1668
    Sorry for the delay I have done all that and Still not able to post a longer signature than the number of characters allowed by Outlook Express, once you follow all the instructions stated in your reply, there are no posibilities to set a signature longer than XX characters, it keeps saying thar the signature posted (when it is and HTML document) is longer than the signatures allowed.

Once I read that there are ways to modify the registry (in case of Windows), to allow several things that are not set by default, are there a way to do so on Outlook Express?

Any further info will be greatly appreciated.
    I wonder if you could add it is a file? Like a txt file?

Because when you go to add a signature, there are two ways to do it if my memory is correct.

YOu can manually type it in or you can add it by browsing to a file. I have successfully added one manually, but I have not tried the file method.

Give the file method a go and see if it works.

You can also try this:

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9792
    Last edited by Big Booger; October 27th, 2005 at 09:23 AM.