Thread: uninstall suse

Banned

uninstall suse

How do I uninstall suse 9.3 from my pc. But how??

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Is there a problem with Suse that makes you want to uninstall it?

Banned
    nope, no problem at all i like it, but i rather stick with windows, if u know wut i mean, i just wanted 2 try linux, but wasnt planning on keeping it.

If you are going to reinstall windows, the easiest way I know of is just to boot to the Windows cd, repartition the drive and reformat. If you like and want to keep the Suse then I would think about adding another hard drive and installing Windows on that.

Now FYI lots of Linux distros have whats called a "Live" cd, meaning that you can download that image, burn it to a cd and then you have a bootable Linux cd that you can use to see if you like that distro or not.

Banned
    But i do have windows and suse 9.3 on the same pc. i dual boot, but I want to know how to uninstall suse 9.3 32bit and all of its components, including grub and basicaly EVERYTHING the came with suse 9.3, but i dont want anything to happend to my windows, like i dont want to format otherwise i might loose my data.

On different partitions correct?

Banned
    nope i only got one hardrive, i didnt do anything, i guess suse made its own partition. But I just want to get rid of suse 9.3, basically

Banned
    And i'd like 2 add that I dont know were the whole suse file is, in my hard disk??

Though I didn't partition a drive (installed Suse 9.3 on a separate machine), I believe Suse creates it's own partition as well as a swap drive for it's use. Also included is GRUB. If you wish to uninstall it, no better help than to go to Novell website and search FAQ. Otherwise, do as someone else suggested, backup your Windoze partition and reformat your drive....
    "If you want SQUARE work, you DON'T CUT CORNERS!!!!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBM357
    Otherwise, do as someone else suggested, backup your Windoze partition and reformat your drive....
    I cant do that, too much important stuff on my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by FBM357
    Also included is GRUB. If you wish to uninstall it, no better help than to go to Novell website and search FAQ.
    Well, I think i'll do that, but if anyone has any suggestions, please post i will appriciate it

Banned
    I think there is no other way then getting suse uninstalled, i'll wait till this Friday and if you guys cant help me then i'll reinstall windows.

Well thx anyways guys you helped alot ,, thx for replyin

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    If you backup windows will it fit a DVD ? if so do that and format the drive, install windows then use the backup.

Banned
    ok then i'll try, i never backupped b fore but i'll try

but thanks FG

Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    I cant do that, too much important stuff on my pc.
    I don't quite understand why you can't perform a backup. Perhaps to CD or DVD (preferrably DVD since it holds more and requires less disks).
    "If you want SQUARE work, you DON'T CUT CORNERS!!!!"

Banned
    yeah, well I already manualy saved stuff on a few dvds that were lying here and there, so i guess it wont matter that much if I reinstall windows.