Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm an Amatuer-This is WAY beyond my pc knowledge.

I'm Back!! I don't know though, my pc doesn't seem a whole lot different. I'm going to download all the service packs and security patches now. Any advice while I'm setting up is more than welcome!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Just don't be in a hurry...except to get back to TECHZONEZ !

Good luck

I'm putting in Adsgone, AVG, and Sygate Firewall. Is there anything I should know about these before I do.

Putting in Window Washer, Ad-aware and Win MX.

So far so good ?....

Everything seems to be responding fine, except for the Remote support. I want to remove: All on line games that come with xp, Microsoft Money 2001, MusicMatch Jukebox and Quicken Financial Center. I don't use these, I'm sure there are more I don't use, but these are the ones I know for sure that I don't use. Is there any reason why I shouldn't remove any of these? My Remote Support still doesn't respond. When I click on "Request Help," the Working in background pointer flickers on and off a little, and then stays off. It seems like it's trying to connect. The inbox, archives and ask a friend are not responding either. Sorry to be such a bother.

Your not such a bother....your a Techzonez member

I say get rid of everything you don't use...of coarse this is comming from one who has 36 I don't use thing's some day I'll get rid of them

Don't use the Remote Support...sorry I can't help & it would be crazy to say try XP repair since you just did a clean install.

Hang in there...some of our members couldn't use Remote Asst. had something to do with their routers , so maybe they can help ?

Unhappy

I've gotten everything setup and running. My pc is responding faster and loading faster. But.. I still have the same error messages, plus a couple of new ones. I sent an email message to hp's CEO, Carly Fiorina, on Saturday. I got a responce back yesterday. Of course I'm being passed along to someone else in the company, but I didn't think they would respond at all, so I'll take it. Maybe they will actually help.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tonya
    I've gotten everything setup and running. My pc is responding faster and loading faster. But.. I still have the same error messages, plus a couple of new ones. I sent an email message to hp's CEO, Carly Fiorina, on Saturday. I got a responce back yesterday. Of course I'm being passed along to someone else in the company, but I didn't think they would respond at all, so I'll take it. Maybe they will actually help.
    Mazel Tov

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt