Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Sp3?

Xp Sp3?

Hey guys,a while back i remember hearing that Windows XP Pro SP3 was being developed,today i came across a download link for it but as of yet i havent seen any info about it being released.So thought i would ask here before i try installing it possibly messing up my PC in the process.Thanks

Banned
    from which link is it, whats the web page ur downloading it from?

Banned
    You should read this, for more info: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22947

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    There is no "official" SP3 from Microsoft.

The one you downloaded is "unofficial" and contains a bunch of patches and hotfixes that have been released since SP2.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hey guys,It was a random link i found through google.The last few days i have been getting alot of PC trouble with freeze ups.My PC has been running rock solid for almost 3 years now so i think its about time for a format.At the moment i am just trying to find all the latest updates and such so they are avalible when i format without having to take all day to download/install them.

Heh that went off topic but thanks for the link and yes Reverend is correct,I extracted the files from this so called "SP3" and they were just various SP2 fixes from after SP2 was released.This topic can be closed

Banned
    Glad to know that , and u better not download any unknown windows patchs or so, without checking it in microsofts page

And yes, reformatting you're pc will make it run well , the last time I remember reformatting was last month ... But i dont reformat my pc that much, i got soo many files in store...

hehe yeah i know it will help my PC alot but 56 programs (not including 20 i decided not to reinstall) and all the codecs,updates and software patches are a pain.I know it's gonna take like a day to get everything up and running again.This is why i put it off for so long.Now i have no choice as freeze ups are not an option

Banned
    I like reinstalling my pc, then installing all my drivers, progs and all, i find joy in doing it

I reformat nearly every thirty days. Geting everything up an running doesnt take long, i have cd images for almost everything; which is all stored on several seperate partitions, which includes docs, music, etc.

Hey Beelzebub what program would you recommend for making backups like you described?I have tried Stomp BackupMyPC but it's slow and doesnt really suite my needs anymore.A nice alternative would be great.One which hopfully allows backup to hard disk or CD-R/DVD-R's would be great.I think i should invest in a few 200GB HDD's at the moment i have a master 40GB,slave 120GB,and second slave 80GB but both of the larger drives are getting full from video media,programs and music so backing up to those isn't an option.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.techzonez.com/comments.php?shownews=14820

Posted.. try it at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Is this the beta version which was posted here a while back?If so i'll pass

:EDIT:it's a fake,it's just a bunch of windows hotfixes zipped up nothing more probally with beta versions of WMP11 and IE7 in there.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; September 12th, 2005 at 04:20 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebub
    I reformat nearly every thirty days. Geting everything up an running doesnt take long, i have cd images for almost everything; which is all stored on several seperate partitions, which includes docs, music, etc.

thats original, someone who formats his pc every month!
    Must lose progs doing dat.

Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    I used to have to do the same,but not by choice lol back when i had Windows ME i used to have to format every 2-3 weeks cause the damn thing would kill me with the blue screen errors.

On a side note has anyone tried the above so called SP3?just wondering if it actually works especially the IE7 and Media player 11.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    I used to do that every 2 to 3 weeks in the past until I started using "imaging" software.