Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xp Sp3?

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Acronis True Image gets my vote.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Thanks for the info Petard does Acronis backup everything on your PC?As in actual program files as well as your registry and settings?

Banned
    But...But.... ur an administrator, ur the pc pro!!! YOUR A GOD!!!!!! Cant u find other ways to fix ur pc probs, well, i guess if there isnt any other way of doing it then reformatting is the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    But...But.... ur an administrator, ur the pc pro!!! YOUR A GOD!!!!!! Cant u find other ways to fix ur pc probs, well, i guess if there isnt any other way of doing it then reformatting is the best way.
    Not sure if this was directed at me or someone else if it was directed at me im sure it probally could be fixed if i were to spend hours going through everything and perhaps give XP's recovery console a try.But formating would be far less time consuming in the long run.The only major pain with formating is mainly reinstalling all my video codecs and editing programs.Actually it may already be fixed for me.The other day i upgraded my Zone Alarm firewall,shortl after i started getting the problems with freeze ups.So yesterday i download norton forewall 2005 trial and removed ZA.so far i havent gotten any more freezes yet.If everything keeps working i think it will do some adware searches and defrags on my hard discs.and make a backup using acronis if it supports what i said above

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    Sometimes you just gotta throw in the towel! Thought lately I haven't had any problems ever since I threw out Norton and Zone Alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Sometimes you just gotta throw in the towel! Thought lately I haven't had any problems ever since I threw out Norton and Zone Alarm.
    Really?So what do you use to keep your system safe?I have used Nrton for years and it's worked great.Always been under the impression Norton was the best around

I use Avast Pro. Some things slip by Norton at least during the last time that we had security tests which was a while back.

Thanks for the info conan,Just was reading up on Avast Pro,sounds like an awsome program,Do they also provide firewall software?I may give it a try

Banned
    Yeah, Thx for the info, i started to get tired with nortan, and if u say that avast pro is better then I should swith to it

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant
    Thanks for the info Petard does Acronis backup everything on your PC?As in actual program files as well as your registry and settings?
    It creates an "image" file of your system (everything), a snapshot so-to-speak. It's ghosting software.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Avast doesn't have a firewall. The free Avast anti-virus version is quite up to the task as well as the pro version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    There is no "official" SP3 from Microsoft.

The one you downloaded is "unofficial" and contains a bunch of patches and hotfixes that have been released since SP2.
    I thought otherwise. MS isn't the type who would suddenly pop a Service Pack without very good reasons such as large OS loopholes.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield