Thread: Drwtsn32

Drwtsn32

Can anyone help me? I have Dr. watson popping up multiple times in my processes and continues to pop up new instances about every minute. Further, each instance that opens takes between 8 and 20 Meg of memory. This obviously consumes all of my memory in a few minutes and my computer totally hoses.

Any suggestions?

I've been having the same problem on my XP pro machine,so far no one seems to know what is causing it or how to fix it.When it pops up multiple times in your processes does the PC seem to freeze up and the only way to get it working again is by ending the dr. watson tasks or restarting the PC?thats what usually happens to me

Yes, If I constantly kill the DR. Watson Process it is fine however, as I said the process opens on its own about every few minutes, further, if I let it it will continue to open new sessions until it kills the computer.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Platinum+ Member
    I don't know how to solve the problem but here is the Microsoft article on disabling Dr Watson for Windows XP.

Also, there are a few virii related to drwatson, so you might try scanning with a free antivirus and housecall
    Last edited by tarun; September 27th, 2005 at 16:55 PM.

Thaks for the links Tarun,I will give the virus scan a shot.I already use both Zonealarm and Norton antivirus but they never have detected any.I will report back.Are there any negatives to disabling Dr Watson?

Platinum+ Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant
    Thaks for the links Tarun,I will give the virus scan a shot.I already use both Zonealarm and Norton antivirus but they never have detected any.I will report back.Are there any negatives to disabling Dr Watson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft Website
    Dr. Watson for Windows is a program error debugger that gathers information about your computer when an error (or user-mode fault) occurs with a program. Technical support groups can use the information that Dr. Watson obtains and logs to diagnose a program error. When an error is detected, Dr. Watson creates a text file (Drwtsn32.log) that can be delivered to support personnel by the method they prefer. You also have the option of creating a crash dump file, which is a binary file that a programmer can load into a debugger.
    So I don't think there would be any significant problems in disabling it till a solution is found.

has a solution been found yet?

I disabled it also, but mine was coming up and shutting down saying something else DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, found some infor on it on google and changed my virtual mem setting I havent seen it for a while now.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Here are a couple of sites that can scan and repair registry and dll errors as well as dumping the Doc...lol.

http://www.errorkiller.com/index.php...069674958&oid=

http://www.registryfix.com/?hop=gemi...FQsPNAodaiv8hA

http://mcafee-security.com/fixregistry_errors.htm

Thanks Piper I took advantage of the registry fix place, so far so good.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicblond
    Thanks Piper I took advantage of the registry fix place, so far so good.

i purchased errorkiller but it did not fix my problem... it said i had 487 problems, but i guess it missed one...

i disabled drwtsn32 but now i get this error message...does anyone know what it means?

The instruction at "0x009d447f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". click ok to terminate program?

i'm running out of options... can anyone help?