Thread: DLL entry Point

Question MARSCORE.DLL missing?

I have searched high and low for an answer to this error. When HELP is selected from the START menue I get an error message stating that MARSCORE.DLL is missing and help will not open. There are many listings of this problem, but no answers; some suggested fixes which seem extreamly doggy.
    I use Windows XP Home with SP2 and all the latest windows critical updates.
    Any Answers?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Thanks rik, tried Ask-Leo, but unable to fix the problem. Tried Lockergnome again unable to fix the problem, Lockergnome's fix gives me "The specified module could not be found", I get similar messages when any of Ask-Loe's fixes are used. I am confused!

Try the tweak file located here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

It's # 201 on the page. Just download and follow the instructions.

Unhappy marscore still missing?

Thanks for your interest rik. Kellys's tweaks was one of the first places I tried.
    The solution offered by line "201" gives an error of " Marscore.dll was loaded but the dll register server entry point was not found".
    I have tried placing the marscore.dll file in the binnary dll store, same result.
    I have tried a dll registering programn, DLL SHELL.ZIP, this gives the same error.
    I am in the process of making a WINDOWS XP slipstreaming CD which seems to be the only answer, but I am terrified of loosing all my data on the hard disk. I have been unable to find any programn that will enable me to clone my hard disk to an external drive and all the back up programns I try come up with some form of error.
    One question, is marscore a WINDOWS XP file?
    I am still confused!!

Marscore appears to be a Microsoft Office file.

You should be able to backup all your important data using Windows Backup, regardless whether it's an external drive or not.

Question DLL entry Point

On selecting START- HELP and SUPPORT I have a warning MARSCORE.DLL not found.
    This DLL has been downloaded but when I try to open and register marscore.dll I get the waning, "MARSCORE.DLL WAS LOADED BUT THE DLL REGISTER SERVER ENTRY POINT WAS NOT FOUND".
    Having got this mysterious dll where and how can it be used?
    I hope someone has the answer!
    Brian

*Threads Merged*