Thread: gpedit.msc - ALL programs locked out

Exclamation gpedit.msc - ALL programs locked out

I have accidentally locked All programs by using the Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc. I am using Windows XP Professional edition Service Pack 1.

I need to pass my laptop to someone else for a week and was trying to figure out a way to protect my laptop from being misuse by the other person (surf the net using my account, etc.). I stumbled upon gpedit.msc thru the Windows Help file and was "experimenting" with ways to prevent other people to run any other programs except one.

I used the "Allowed programs" function in gpedit.msc (sorry can't remember the actual wording) and allowed only the program to be run.

The problem is that I have forgotten to also allow gpedit.msc to run, hence I'm locked out of accessing gpedit.msc.
    Now my laptop can only run that one program that I allowed in gpedit.msc.

I am Very Much Appreciated! if anyone could enlighten me on any way to undo/reset that particular function in gpedit.msc?

Thank you very much!

Best regards from Malaysia

Try this SCW; For XP Pro: start>all programs>accessories>command prompt... type in gpedit.msc This should put you back in. Good luck, jc