Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Techzonez Wikipedia

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Thanks for that info Rohit. I am fairly new to wiki. I hope we can defeat these radicals and keep techzonez alive on wiki!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    They don't want sock puppet voting. Meaning if you just sign up to vote, then you're a sock puppet voter.
    It would be useless to try to vote as mine will not count. I am very proud of reading the comments that have been posted in favor of techzonez and I am shocked that they wish to delete our entry. Please feel free to sign up and post your comments at the tz deletion thread at wiki as the benefit it can have is to convince any wiki surfing non members to visit techzonez. It appears that one guy can control who get's deleted based off of their opinion and can bias the voting by influencing wiki members in favor of there views. I have seen neowin, digg, and slashdot entries yet we appear to have been chosen for deletion by redvers by the way the article was originally written off the cuff by Mr. Big Booger.

• That's bad logic. I offered you advice on trying to stop the article from looking like advertising. That hardly makes me an "interested party", now, does it? ➨ REDVERS 11:00, 5 November 2005 (UTC)
    it is good that wikipedia has content controls and I think they should remove all entries for internet site's as it obviously has no merrit and sites should only be considered removed if more than one person complains.We have been rejected by redvers.
    Last edited by egghead; November 5th, 2005 at 12:09 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    So how does our wiki differ from the likes of Neowins or Slashdots. Theirs are fairly similar to ours yet he doesn't want to delete theirs.

How can i contact him directly,i want to ask him what criteria he is basing his deletion decision on.

Another option is to bite the bullet and let him delete it and we'll copy all the content over onto a TZ Blog instead.(at least a blog can't get deleted)

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Let's rally the troops and attack this turd! I hate him... it's official now.
    Last edited by Big Booger; November 5th, 2005 at 12:49 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    I've added a diplomatic comment to the wiki discussion,hopefully before it gets into too much of a flame:

i am the owner of Techzonez and rather than this discussion turning into the tit for tat argument that it has developed into,can redvers or anyone else who wants our wiki removed please explain what content you consider should be edited or deleted. If it doesn't conform to wiki guidelines please be more specific about the recommendations you require. That is all i ask.Thanks.
    One other thing,i've looked at some other tech sites wikis,(neowin and slashdot as examples),and to be honest their content appears to be a similar theme to ours,so why does theirs meet the requirements but our does not? BTW that comment is not aimed directly at those sites above,(i consider us to have a good relationship with both of them),my gripe is with those who wish to see us deleted. Like i say i'm not here to flame,i just want clarification on what content is acceptable and what content is not. Thanks.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Techzonez"
    Last edited by Reverend; November 5th, 2005 at 13:39 PM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    My vote was deleted and I used my real name.

everyone can delete posts so it may have been user error...

did you post it again?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    I've added a diplomatic comment to the wiki discussion,hopefully before it gets into too much of a flame:
    Yes and the Godless-God himself REDVERS has responded. Seems like a one man show, I say Wikipedia would be best served if they delete REDVERS

"A sock puppet is an additional username used by a Wikipedian who edits under more than one name. The Wikipedian who uses a sock puppet may be called a sock puppeteer." All the voters against the deletion of this article are genuine members of the Wikipedia community, albeit first time users/first time editors.
    I agree

it appears that they are calling us all sock puppets in an intent to place everyone here in a cheater list of some sort.

Good point FastGame. thanks
    Last edited by egghead; November 5th, 2005 at 14:12 PM.

Triple Platinum Member
    My vote was deleted and I used my real name.
    Not possible FG, unless its vandalism of some sort. Log in and try again won't you? At the end of your vote append this:
    Code:
    ~~~~
    edit:
    Good point FastGame
    You mean Rohit?
    Last edited by rohitk89; November 5th, 2005 at 14:32 PM.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I really can't find what to edit on the page, that wuld make them think it is advertising. The only lead that I have is about the reference to the technology used, and where the forums have been hosted. Maybe cleaning this will invalid their point of advertising, but I run out of ideas after that.

It is obvious the guy wants attention. He is wacked in the head.

They deleted it:

The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.

The result of the debate was delete. Grue 14:41, 8 November 2005 (UTC)
    Oh well.

Triple Platinum Member
    We tried our best... RIP

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Tough break, i think we was a good enough source to be left on there, neowin and other website type forums also had a battle to not be deleted if you check their links.

Unfortunately, we are a tried and tested format that apparently isn't needed in great numbers over at wiki.
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; November 9th, 2005 at 00:01 AM.