Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Techzonez Wikipedia

Remember that TZ has been highlighted on The Screen Savers, Tech TV. We were linked to in an issue of the Langa List. TZ was recently referenced as the source of a news item at SlashDot.org. This issue with Wikipedia doesn't reduce my opinion of TZ. It has changed my opinion of Wikipedia.

Who needs it!
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I agre with efc. U know, from some point I kind of agre with their socket policy, but for another I don't.
    You don't want sockets in order to keep it the most objetive posible, and that the decition is made by wiki contributors. But I don't think that any of the people that voted delete did really take a look at the site. They already had made their mind about the site before visiting, and just look for support points to their view, which is very subjetive. Heck, they just keep repeating the same reason, whithout trying to even give an example.
    For the other hand, I had used wiki several times, and as probably most users have, I went get information which I did not know before, so I am in no position to make editions or comment. It is not like I will start posting like (Great artcle) or stuff like that, because it would not be a encyclopedia, but a forum. If it is true that we are biased, or it is dificult or the TZ members to be objetive, I believe we tried our best, and had no objetion to edit as necesary. I still truly believe that the article in wiki was a good idea, and my kudos to BB for taking the time required to write it up.
    Now, changing the mood to my usual self,lets vote to delete redvers page
    PS: What does grue mean??
    Last edited by Dehcbad25; November 9th, 2005 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Naw, lets not give Wikipedia any more coverage here at TZ. Let's just ignore them.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Good points... well done everyone for stepping up to the plate and having a bash to save some face...

Its a damn shame wiki is seemingly controlled by 1 person... sounds like Micro$oft... LOL

Sorry BB... you put a lot of effort into the wiki... dont let it get you down... !

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    PS: What does grue mean??
    lol, infact, lets vote to delete EVERY page in wiki, i wonder if the power hungry users (and lets face it, there wasn't any self rightous people there only power mongers) would disagree that wiki it's self was "advertising"

Being serious though, i had never heard of wiki until this incident, is it just an american thing?

I certainly would never have used a resource like wiki to find tech websites myself, the site was just too huge to find such random information, so i doubt we lost out much, you'd have more luck using google.
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; November 15th, 2005 at 11:26 AM.

I know this is an old topic, but I was wondering whether the Wikipedia scandal was a curse for messing with TZ

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    I know this is an old topic, but I wonder whether the Wikipedia scandal is a curse for messing with TZ
    I surely hope so... I hope that Redver bumsnatch licker dies a slow and painful death... I hate that sh!tbag.

Triple Platinum Member
    Last edited by rohitk89; February 19th, 2006 at 11:32 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I am trying to wait it out.. and then I will heavily edit it. Hopefully if it can stay on the wiki for a long enough period it will lose the Redver curse..

Triple Platinum Member
    If you make it a part of the 'Internet' stub and keep it concise it shouldn't be a problem.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    What about, if we make a test page here in TZ, and all the members put their input, and then when ready we post it in wiki?