Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unauthorized re-boot

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thats a Myth about the XP can't see over 40gig's , can't remember for sure how much but when I was going to format my new 80gig HD to NTFS I read that XP can see hundreds of gig's

My XP see's my 140gig's all one partition.

lynchknot uninstall the last four programs that you installed. Now go to system restore and restore to a point that you know you didn't have this problem....what the heck you didn't like that custom desktop anyway so now you get to re-do to the way you like. Also read my above edit.

Or you can wait and see if it's the NAV causing the problem or you can wait for someone with a better answer or you can...get

BTW did you install Nero ImageDrive....In CD or the likes ?

Titanium Member
    Hello Egghead, I performed the virus scan and it found no virus. Now how do I copy a 3 gig file. Where do I get one? That's alot of Gigs - i'm using 5 right now including OS.

Titanium Member
    FG the only things I DL was newer version of JV16 and some DT visuals, themes, icons. Did you get a chance to see my SS. There were a whole bunch of errors regarding the CD rom.

And with the NAV thing - there are a whole bunch of people complaining at the NAV site.

Here SS: http://hotknot.netfirms.com/screenshots/prob.JPG

**edit** oh yea, I DL virtual machine, reinstalled driver for my printer because I never got around to it when I reformatted. I just ininstalled a program that made my CPU run 100% as soon as I clicked on it and was not XP approved.
    Last edited by lynchknot; August 15th, 2002 at 04:32 AM.

Originally posted by lynchknot
    FG the only things I DL was newer version of JV16 and some DT visuals, themes, icons. Did you get a chance to see my SS. There were a whole bunch of errors regarding the CD rom.

And with the NAV thing - there are a whole bunch of people complaining at the NAV site.
    Yes I did....OMG lynchknot , what did you do to my bird is that blood...right through the Heart ?

NAV running fine for me can't see your screen shot the link is down

[edit] I see it now , go to control panel> performance&maintenance>Administrative tools>Services...now find IMAPI CD Burning C... and disable it. That and Nero don't like each other.

As far as the other people and the NAV...weren't you having the reboot problem way before all this NAV thing ?

JV16 power tools...hmmm , people like you and I aren't suppose to admit to a Forum that we have reg cleaners then when we have problem everyone knows why...LOL..one more time...LOL

I guess just wait & see if it's the NAV then....

Titanium Member
    I can't seem to disable that. The option is there but it goes right back to manual. There is no "apply" button.

Oh! about your "bird", the devil made me do it!!

As far as JV16 goes - it's alot safe than myself going into regedit
    at least JV creates a BU.
    Last edited by lynchknot; August 15th, 2002 at 04:45 AM.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    Hello Egghead, I performed the virus scan and it found no virus. Now how do I copy a 3 gig file. Where do I get one? That's alot of Gigs - i'm using 5 right now including OS.
    hi:

if your only using 5gigs thn its not a drive capacity problem

it could be just a serious bug with nav

i will look into it

post anymore errors or info here
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Titanium Member
    Someone suggested this: A tweaking/icon changing tool: "More Properties" It was not XP approved and it gave error messages right away and drove my CPU up 100% instantly upon clicking on it - not to mention it ran my fan at full bore. This person said to ignore the error messages - they use it all the time with XP. I don't know if this had anything to do with my probs. now but I got rid of it. So we'll see.

hi all
    just basic info here to help

I'm having problems with Norton AntiVirus and Windows XP
    Problem: I'm having problems with Norton AntiVirus and Windows XP

Solution: There are some known incompatibilities and problems with Norton AntiVirus 7.51 and Windows XP. The easiest method to solving this problem is simply updating NAV to version 7.61 through Bear Access or by downloading from CIT's web page. (need sidecar) http://www.cit.cornell.edu/software/downloads/antivirus
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Titanium Member
    My version says 8.02.6.

hmmm my NAV is version 8.07.17c , must be why it works so well

Titanium Member
    Doesn't NAV get updated? or does the version stay the same. The version I have now is from a CD.
    Thanks FG - Just read the PM
    ** FG what about this:

" go to control panel> performance&maintenance>Administrative tools>Services...now find IMAPI CD Burning C... and disable it. That and Nero don't like each other.
    It won't stay disabled
    Last edited by lynchknot; August 15th, 2002 at 05:35 AM.

Are you logged on as Administrator ? Also go to Start> Run> type in msconfig click ok and in start up see if it's there and uncheck box then apply.

Should stay disabled

not much info on the web

just update nav manually

Titanium Member
    Originally posted by FastGame
    Are you logged on as Administrator ? Also go to Start> Run> type in msconfig click ok and in start up see if it's there and uncheck box then apply.

Should stay disabled
    I don't know if it's coincidental or what but when I fixed that in config. and rebooted, NAV is updating like nothing happend!
    Well, thanks FG!