I have a file named C.txt. [NOTICE the .(dot) before and AFTER txt] in a folder that I created

which is on my desktop. I named the folder mail because sometimes my brother sends me mail with a

.email file extension which I then save as an .eml extension in this mail folder.

I don't know if this C.txt. file is somthing I accidentally created or not. I have tried everything

I can to delete it.

I even tried to make an XP boot disk but my system ignored it even though I had the floppy drive

first in the boot order. I'll blame that on the boot disk files I downloaded for now.

A couple of observations:

I had Norton AntiVirus scan the folder which only contained the one file but it showed it scanned 2

files, both clean. I have "show system files" enabled and it only shows one file.

I've noticed that sometimes when I start Notepad, there's a long delay and my Zone Alarm firewall

asks if Notepad should be allowed to access the Internet - NO!

I suspect a virus or something but nothing is showing up in the scans and nothing is showing up in

my Spyware Search & Destroy scan either.

I'd like to be able to boot into a command prompt and delet this file somehow or find out what's

going on.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Charlie