Thread: Xbox 360

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar

Xbox 360

What a bunch of CRAP!

REALLY!!!

I got one for my neice. And of course I had to try it out. The stupid thing keeps crashing out in the middle of playing the game.

I called the 800 number and was told they knew of a problem but it only effects a few systems and then only once in a while.

WELL Guess what!

It was on both the local and the national news today... a few times. Seems the few systems are not as FEW as Microsoft would like us to believe!

I was promised a new system in time for the holidays, but I fear my neice is going to be one sad little girl.

I heard this as well from many freinds who purchased the system.I guess i am lucky that i don't particullary like the xbox consoles as they really have no games which interest me that cant be obtained through other consoles.I'll wait for the PS3.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant
    I heard this as well from many freinds who purchased the system.I guess i am lucky that i don't particullary like the xbox consoles as they really have no games which interest me that cant be obtained through other consoles.I'll wait for the PS3.
    Could be 2007....
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08...s_6129862.html

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denyse
    What a bunch of CRAP!

REALLY!!!

I got one for my neice. And of course I had to try it out. The stupid thing keeps crashing out in the middle of playing the game.

I called the 800 number and was told they knew of a problem but it only effects a few systems and then only once in a while.

WELL Guess what!

It was on both the local and the national news today... a few times. Seems the few systems are not as FEW as Microsoft would like us to believe!

I was promised a new system in time for the holidays, but I fear my neice is going to be one sad little girl.

I hear that this has to do with the power supply. Try hanging it in the air???

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27930

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    yep a piece of string or fans... LOL, with all that snow, you could play outside

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thats insane! Well more publicity for Microsoft ha ha!

Heres a tip:
    Overheating Solution

A rather busy XBox 360 owner has figured out a way proud owners of Microsoft's console can avoid the embarrassment and delay involved in contacting tech support for their console. In a post in the Gamespot forums, the user claims the solution should work for all consoles facing overheating problems. The solution is neither elegant nor conclusive but seems to have done the trick for quite a few X360 owners troubled by overheating related freezes.

According to Goldeneyemaster then, the problem is not the XBox console itself but the brick-like power supply. Since, by design, a large flat surface of the unit lies on the floor, the PSU tends to overheat causing the entire console to freeze. The current solution is to find a box slightly larger than the unit and to remove the cover, balancing the unit on the box edges. This way the edges of the box will provide support for the PSU while allowing all of its large surfaces to remain well ventilated. The idea is to keep as large a surface area of the PSU as possible in contact with the surrounding air, if you can accomplish this in any other way that should also work.

This solution is not risky unless the box you decide to use is not strong enough to take the wait of the power supply. If you are in any way uncertain about how to achieve this please do not try it and contact Microsoft tech support.

Source: Source

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hang it in the air and turn a fan on it.

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    I tried the old Hard Drive trick. I put the unit in the fridge and ran the wires out. Nice games, but I can see my brother-in-law going nuts... he would have to remove some of his precious beer to make room for the game!

The way he drinks the stuff, I still am surprised he does not have a home tap in the rec room.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    No game is worth giving up on beer.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========