Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New A64 and 3DMark03

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

New A64 and 3DMark03

My A64 is for the most part finnished.However 3DMark03 won't get past the first test.Here are the components Abit AV8,A64 3000+,1GB Crucial(2X512mb) dual channel,Radeon 128mb 9700 pro,Win XP Pro.I downloaded the app from Major Geeks and ran the patch they have.The benchmark works fine on my Nforce2 board with a Radeon 9500.Drivers are updated to the latest also.Anyone have any info,suggestions,comments?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    If you just got this all going then more than likely one of the bios settings isn't right.

Is the PC stable everywhere else ? pass Memtest ? Prime95 ? 3D Mark 2001 ? other GFX drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    If you just got this all going then more than likely one of the bios settings isn't right.

Is the PC stable everywhere else ? pass Memtest ? Prime95 ? 3D Mark 2001 ? other GFX drivers ?
    Don't have any of those Benchmarks and tests.Got any links FG?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I would start off with memtest first:

http://www.memtest.org/

Ok,I passed memtest86,3dMark2001 got 17,889 score with no hickup.I just got prime 95,will try later.I have a suspicion it's the vid card.Can't find anything in bios that would make a difference.I might have got a 9700 pro with the weak memory.I tried finding max core and max memory with ATI Tool,and got 345 core and 326 memory.Everytime 3DMark03 crashes the send error message is refering to ATI.????

Have you tried another set of drivers ? maybe an older set ? 3D 03 places most emphasis on the GPU so it prolly is video card related since everything else passed.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    .Everytime 3DMark03 crashes the send error message is refering to ATI.????

what does this tell u bud....lol....go nvidia....jk dood. But seriously the nvidia rocks...I just ran the same bench mark, this was the final score.

Main Test Results
    3DMark Score 9503 3DMarks
    CPU Score 500 CPUMarks

at one point I went as high as 242+ FPS during the GPU test.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Have you tried another set of drivers ? maybe an older set ? 3D 03 places most emphasis on the GPU so it prolly is video card related since everything else passed.
    Yup,I am using Catalyst 4.3 right now.I have tried 5.1,5.4,and the latest 5.5.On the Abit site the only board they mention as compatible is the 9800XT.I can't believe this card won't keep up.I sent the error report to Microsoft and I got video driver or video card failure.Far Cry even locks up.Might have to try my 9500?I think it's the card.

Well,the card went completely south on me today.Opened up a word doc and the text on not only word but the desktop and any window was not legible.It went back to normal text when I disabled hardware acceleration along with write combining.I put my old Radeon 64mb and all is well except it only gets a 215 3D Mark in 3DMark03.I'm looking at getting a 6600GT either 128mb or 256mb.They are emerging as a better alternative to the Radeon 9800XT.Going to run the old card for a few days to make sure the mobo didn't have anything to do with the demise of the 9700 pro.Nvidia is back on top and the price is right.
    Last edited by zipp51; May 20th, 2005 at 01:31 AM.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Good choice....I have the 6800GT....awesome card...once installed, I never looked back..a little more expensive than the 6600, but It was worth it.

Good choice....I have the 6800GT....awesome card
    Yep

The 6600 GT is also very nice

Well I bought a Leadtek 6600 GT TDH card and just installed and updated and Flashed with their easy WinFox tools.Ran 3DMark03 with stock CPU and Graphic clocks and got 7735 marks.My cpu score was 890.Nice package they give you.Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia and a bunch of movie apps.$169 and a $20 rebate,not bad.This A64 system seems pretty stable with a higher end graphics board.As for my 9700 Pro,I couldn't get my money back but I just sent it back to the distributor,for a replacement.I've got a few more benches to try.Aquamark,Codecreatures,3D2001,Probably more.I think I turned into a benchmark freak.

I think I turned into a benchmark freak.
    Not good, maybe you should try a game or two

Silver Member
    i know this post is probably stupid but o well ill make it anyway my system beats urs and mine is outdated except the video card basically
    i have:
    gigabyte ga-7vt600 mobo
    athlon xp 3200+
    1gb of crappy offbrand elixir ram not in dual channel
    and a 6800 non gt which is just about the same as the 6600gt but has 4 more pipes but also only has normal ram and is clocked at 750 mhz instead of the gddr3 that the 6600gt has

i guess what im really getting at is why my system which is worse then urs except for the video card can score almost 2000 more points then urs on 3dmark03

That is amazing that you got 9700 plus points with your rig on 3D Mark 03.I have an Nforce2 asus board and managed only 5200 with maximum overclocking with directions from our own hardware pimp,"Fastgame".I'm not a big overclocker or benchmarker but I have never heard of such a high score with that bench.

EDIT;I was dead wrong about those scores for that bench.Some are getting 16000 plus with SLI boards and 7800 GT cards.And NForce boards are getting up to 12000 plus 3d marks.
    Last edited by zipp51; December 14th, 2005 at 04:52 AM.