Thread: EULA Problem

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Angry EULA Problem

i may have posted this before but im having probs with the EULA Screen of Installing windows xp or 2000 or 2003 basicly any version of windows wich asks you to hit F8 to continue installation, and iv built a new system heres my old system,

1,amd xp 1800+
    2,Asus Nforce 2 A7N Deluxe Rev 2.0 uber bios 1004,
    3,80 gig maxtor diamond max 9 ata 133 8mb
    4,msi 5900 xt gfx 128 mb
    5,enermax 350 watt psu
    6, 1 gig duel channel mem

this system had too many probs booting from the sata drivers so i chucked the board after so many failed trys with new bios and gettin smae prob,

heres new system specs

1,msi K8Neo 2-F
    2,AMD 64 3200+
    3,1 gig Duel channel BYOC Ram (only ram that worked)
    4,wd 250 bg sata 8mb
    5,thermaltake 450watt psu
    6,microsoft digital media keyboard,

iv had probs with both setups, the first rig uses a PS/2 keyboard from ibm the other rib uses a usb keyboard using a PS/2 converter, thing is i never had so many probs with xp before, maybe its due to the XP SP2 instagration lol, so iv switched to linux cuz winblows has never given so much hassle for a upgrade, to a new platform, the new rig fialed to boot 7 times and had to be brought back to the techs 7 times in 2 days to get it to boot, soo many problems, finaly we got new ram into ti and it seemed to boot without any flaws, thing is when he tryed installing xp on it he was able to hit F8 and continue, i tryed when i got it home and it would not budge i could quit no prob but it wouldnt let me go any further then EULA, i tryed 3 keyboards a old PS/2 form like 1990, a ibm fomr 2000 and this keybaord both in usb and PS/@ modes, still wouldnt let me pass the EULA screen, so iv had to default to a Nlited version of windows wich has too many problems with files missing nic issues, so you can see windows is starting to really P%$$ me off lol, just hope someone has had some EXP with this kinda issue and knows a workround other then the garbage way of nlited versons,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Bronze Member
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/wind...8-i-agree.html
    http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t20159.html
    you need to turn the F-Lock key on as part of each bootup so that F-keys work as you'd expect
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Kane; December 30th, 2005 at 16:19 PM.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar
    the digital media pro keyboard dont havea F-lok key on it, my notebook has one but the keybaors iv used dont and the tech that tryed didnt have one either, thing is iv never had a prob till like 6 months ago ever since i could never install my legit copy of xp pro, iv always had to use a nlited version to make it work,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Bronze Member

Workaround

You can use unattended installation method-scripted installtion. If you create fully automated answer file you will not be prompted to accept the license agreement.
    Last edited by Kane; January 1st, 2006 at 19:06 PM.