Thread: outlook express changes gmail server and port info

outlook express changes gmail server and port info

i hope someone can solve this problem...i setup OE to access my gmail account as the default account for incomming and outgoing email. the incomming server is set to 'pop.gmail.com' and the incomming port is set to '995'. i save the settings and can access my gmail account just fine. i close OE and open it again and the server is set to 127.0.0.1 and the port is set to 110. this problem is repeatable...set the account and save, exit OE and start it up again and the server and port are reset again. any ideas?
    thank,
    jw

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    What anti-virus\security software are you using? I have seen McAfee Spamkiller cause this.

OE changes server and port

yes i am using Spamkiller....are there settings i should modify or should i just disable it?
    thanks
    jw

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I believe you can just modify the settings but I am unable to find the info right now. I'll look for it tomorrow and get back to you. But disabling it would ultimately fix it.

Cool OE changes server and port

no worries...i just set it so SpamKiller would not check my gmail account but i let it check all the other ones and everything seems to be working ok for now.
    thanks for your time and right on answer.
    jw