Thread: Grave Problem while updating to SP4

Grave Problem while updating to SP4

hi!
    i am on a dial up connection and recently downloaded SP4. the downloaded was completed but midway we had a power failure and i had to shut down the installation midway. now when i try installing, it just starts from the beginning. is there a way to resume installation?

sorry, forgot to mention this in the previous post... i am on windows 2000 professional!!!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Which version of SP4 are you trying to install. The express or network.

The network is the better option because it contains everything in one package and you can back it up. (129 MB)

The express is just a small system configuration check that always requires an internet connection to download all the components. (588kb)

Windows 2000 SP4

SP4 was released in Nov 2003, so after installing SP4 you will also need to install the Windows 2000 Update Rollup 1 for Service Pack 4 which includes all 2000 updates since Nov 2003.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

i was trying the express installation. the application checked my system configuration and then downloaded the required files. then the power went off... is there any way to get it back on track because i don't want to download the whole thing again...