Hi:

The following instructions came from:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000568.htm

Note: Please be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.

1. Click Start, Run and type regedit. 2. Within the registry, open the below key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

3. Within the above registry key, select the program you wish to uninstall from the right side of the window.

Let's assume I want to uninstall a program that is not working, so I can start fresh...re-download and re-install. I'd try Add/Remove first of course. Let's further assume Add/Remove (after 2-3 tries) says it can't remove it. Let's say the program is Macromedia Flash Player.

So I go into the registry as per the above instructions. I go to where I can see the list of programs I could uninstall. Macromedia Flash Player is not there--no Macromedia...no just 'Flash Player'. So I go on down and I find a Shockwave folder and nested in or under that a folder call 'authorware'. I also find another folder in the primary uninstall list--that is, it is not nested--called Shockwave Flash. When I click on any of these folders, I see 3-4 entries on the RIGHT side of the window, all preceded by the lower case
letters ab. OK. Let's say I want to uninstall 'Authorware' and "Flash Player'--the works. I would highlight those right side entries and then go edit > delete--is that correct?

It's what instruction #3 above said...but for my edification, why would I just not delete the folders in question on the left side?

Final question; If I follow the instructions, is that a guarantee the program(s) will be uninstalled or can that be a risky assumption?