Thread: Uninstalling programs with XP

Uninstalling programs with XP

I have two hard drives, C and F. C is the regular ol' Windows standby and F is for games and music. When I look on my Add/Remove Hardware screen some of the games are in it but others aren't even though I install directly to F.

Here's the question. If there is no uninstall option in the game files of F and I can't find the program in C, is it safe to just delete the folder from F? I figure that if I am able to run an uninstall for the files in C then anything leftover is fair game, so if there is nothing in C to begin with, it's fair game.

I don't want to have to buy MORE software that I'll only use every now and then. Uninstallers I've found are a pain to use or they take days to scan your drives each and every time you fire em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morania
    Here's the question. If there is no uninstall option in the game files of F and I can't find the program in C, is it safe to just delete the folder from F? I figure that if I am able to run an uninstall for the files in C then anything leftover is fair game, so if there is nothing in C to begin with, it's fair game.
    I can't guarantee that you won't run into an occasional problem, however you should be able to simply delete the files on the F: drive.

An extra step would be to run a registry program like RegScrubXP after deleting the files and directories. LINK
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar