Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Second Coming

The Second Coming

So tonight I returned home from a party and got online. I was bored and couldn't sleep. I sign online to AIM and MSN--something I have not done for awhile. On MSN I see one [email protected] and became really nostalgic and struck up conversation. Then I decided to search Google for "peppy" and "robiwan" and found this post: http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...hlight=robiwan

I checked out this forum and saw that it's still active--and noticed a few familiar names from way back in the day..

So yeah, hey guys

--Andrew aka Robi-wan

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Now there is a handle I haven't seen in awhile....welcome back into the fold dood....

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    A ghost in the machine. What's up man?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Yo Andrew! How you doin' bud?

There was a few speed bumps in life since 2001 but overall these days I'm doing quite well, just been busy I guess. It's nice to see that I am remembered, heh. My life has meaning!!

But seriously, I'm doing well. I'm very excited for this coming Thursday, myself and the lady will be traveling to Europe for 2 weeks, specifically hitting London, Brno & Prague in the Czech Republic, and Slovakia. Things have been hectic as late so this trip should prove to be an excellent retreat. Also, it will be an excellent opportunity to break in my new digital camera, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30--I love it so far. (I don't know if I'm an amateur photographer or a cam***** though... ha!)

I'm glad to see the community is still together, I was asking Peppy if there was to be a "Peppy's Windows Vista Resources" in the pipeline As for myself, the last Vista build I played with was back in the Longhorn days--WinHEC Build 4074. I've been meaning to check out a later build one of these days, the screen shots from 5308 seem neat. However, even though I have XP x64 on my desktop, I've mostly been using my iBook... I'm sorry, I can't help it, I love Mac OS X!

Hope you stay a while Robi-wan! Yes the group from Peppy's is still alive and kicking and for the most part still together after all these years! We have Reverend to thank for keeping this forum up and about and still growing!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Hope you stay a while Robi-wan! Yes the group from Peppy's is still alive and kicking and for the most part still together after all these years! We have Reverend to thank for keeping this forum up and about and still growing!
    absolutely! well said Conan

Robi-wan, what the heck are the odds that a well respected member of a temporary WindowsXP beta information website (you), that disappeared without warning 5 years ago, would decide to type "Robi-wan" and "Peppy" into google after this many years and actually stumble upon us here?

Just in time for a Vista launch

Welcome to Techzonez Robi-wan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I just installed Vista Build 5308 last night on the desktop. I played around with it a little bit and it seems pretty nice, although a lot of the eye candy reminds me a lot of some other operating system...like Mac OS X...

It's nice to be back on track in the beta scene, and who knows, maybe I could be a help to the community like in the old days of Peppy's

what ever did happen to our forums anyway? was it just bad luck that the hosting for my site was forever doomed or was something else behind the disappearance? i can hardly remember the details anymore ^^;

a big thanks to robi-wan for staying in contact and mentioning this site - its great to see a few familiar names around here. thinking back to those enjoyable times we had in the leadup and just after the winxp release makes me wish the old forums were still up, but i guess life goes on

i'll definitely keep a watch around here though, looks like a nice place to end up.

a big hello to everyone :d

Quote Originally Posted by peppy
    what ever did happen to our forums anyway? was it just bad luck that the hosting for my site was forever doomed or was something else behind the disappearance? i can hardly remember the details anymore ^^;

a big thanks to robi-wan for staying in contact and mentioning this site - its great to see a few familiar names around here. thinking back to those enjoyable times we had in the leadup and just after the winxp release makes me wish the old forums were still up, but i guess life goes on

i'll definitely keep a watch around here though, looks like a nice place to end up.

a big hello to everyone :d
    The Pepster himself! Wow, this is some reunion!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Holy smoking computer Screen

this is legendary my friends

very happy to see you.

I think I jsut cracked my windows cd in excitement

we are always looking for the latest information on windows vista and encourage posts as soon as people spot new info.

vista is really cool when you have a directx 9.0 video card. the hardware gui acceleration is nice and I noticed many applications launced in record time including photoshop
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Triple Platinum Member
    a big hello to everyone
    It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you from the others. Like egghead said- you're legendary here

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Welcome back to some of the original dudes from the whistler days! We can update the history books now

...where is that sticky thread??

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    my god, it's Peppy... where's the Champagne?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    .....Good to see ya again dood......first forum I remember...cool.