Thread: Does GAP come with a GIMP?

Does GAP come with a GIMP?

I've firmed up my idea for an avatar and sig. They both require two levels of 2 seconds each and a soft fade at each switching point. GIMP should do it if the GAP(animation toolkit) comes with it. Anyone familiar with this? DRB

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhat
    I've firmed up my idea for an avatar and sig. They both require two levels of 2 seconds each and a soft fade at each switching point. GIMP should do it if the GAP(animation toolkit) comes with it. Anyone familiar with this? DRB
    Ask egg, he might know. He's rather nifty with the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhat
    I made some checks on the linux version of GIMP. It appears that GAP is an add-on package that is available from a different ddownload location, separate from the GIMP download site. LINK
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hi Guys!
    I got both the Gimp and the Gap Animation Package. Having good luck with it. The tools are a bear to figure out. It has three nice color pickers, Bucket Fill, crosshairs on a 2D color gradient, or simply a place on a color palette that you can name. Now that you've picked your color, you go pick a tool (eg. a brush) as soon as you click on the tool, the color information goes away and no easy way to get it back. ( no apparent way to dip the brush into the color you've spent all that time choosing). Also, I cant figure out how to tell gimp that I'm done with a particular action or the project. ( you cant put the tool away w/o choosing another tool). Each time you finally work your way through one of these quirks, Life gets a whole lot easier, but some of these things that should be apparently "easy" can really have you pulling your hair out! DRB

BTW- I did this signature with the Gimp. DRB
    Last edited by blackhat; April 20th, 2006 at 17:47 PM.

"Will Golf for Food"