Thread: Outlook Express Incoming Mail Server Issue

Outlook Express Incoming Mail Server Issue

I currently host my website and email with an outside company. I set up my mail servers to work with that company. For some reason, when I close outlook express and then open it again it changes my incoming mail server to my DSL IP address. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Thanks
    Mike

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Are you using some kind of spam filtering SW? If so check that or disable it.

no

The only thing that is in place is my firewall and virus scan. That has nothing to do with it. I just can not figure out why the heck it changes. Sometimes it does not do it right away. But after a day or two it definitaley changes the server to my DSL IP.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Don't know if you have already done this or not, but you need to create a seperate account for your host servers.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I do not think I understand what you mean create an account for host servers? I have never done this before and never had this problem.

Thanks
    Mike

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    It sounds to me like you are only editing the mail servers in your default ISP account which is why any changes you make to it are only temporary.

You need to create another account and point the mail servers to the POP3 and SMTP settings for the host company.

Tools > accounts > Add > mail.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========