Thread: preserving/receiving mail on two computers

preserving/receiving mail on two computers

It’s really hard to use any search function to describe what I’m trying to do. And…it’s probably simple for someone more experienced. Anyway, I just got a laptop, also loaded with the latest Outlook Express and uses also Cox Cable. All or any of our home computers will properly receive my current emails that I receive from others. However, is there a way to simultaneously ‘receive’ email and preserve it on my other home computers for my email account? When I get/open one on the road, the home computers then never “see” it. It only resides on the computer/mailbox that opened it. Is there a setting that I can make to the other computers/software so that all of my inbox is current, even for stuff I got on the road? Thanks in advance. Bill H

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    With your laptop click on "Leave a copy on the server" then in your home computer leave the settings as is. Your home PC then should be able to download the same mail that you downloaded with your laptop. However the laptop should always be the first to download the mail before the home PC.

Thanks, Conan. That's exactly the info I've been looking for. Bill H