Thread: Can I add My Pictures Folder link to a context Menu

Can I add My Pictures Folder link to a context Menu

It's like this:

I save pictures I like in My Pictures (I am using XP). It makes sense because many pics I save get put there automatically anyway.

But let's say I get a email video attachment. Well, I can right click on it, choose "Send to" and from there I can click "My Documents." At that point I generally drag it to the "My Pictures" folder in My Documents where I save it till I get enough to make it worth transferring it to a CD.

But if I could get a "My Pictures" folder link in the list of all the places I can already select, it would save me having to drag the file.

So is there a way to do that? I've a feeling I read how somewhere but beyond that feeling my memory fails me.

And does this involve modifying the registry? I'm hesitant about doing that without explicit step-by-step instructions. Or is there a neat little program to do it for me? And so far I'm talking Windows Explorer.

If I wanted to similarly add to a picture at some site, I'd then have to add to my browser's context menu, right?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Triple Platinum Member
    Go to the 'Documents and Settings' folder in the drive where your windows installation is located and double click the user for which you want to make the changes. In this folder enable the option to view hidden files and you will see a folder called 'Send To' appear. Then add a shortcut of the destination of choice into that folder. That should do the job.

Could you tell me if that worked?

IT WORKED! Pretty cool! Thanks a bundle!

Triple Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    IT WORKED! Pretty cool! Thanks a bundle!
    "One is glad to be of service"

way to go Rohit