Thread: Dot Hack Series

Dot Hack Series

Does anyone in here follow the Dot Hack game series and if so do you know if they are comming out with any others? My daughter and I play this game and I would like to know if anyone else does? Also is there any good rpg for PS2 right now?
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I have never played the series, but I loved .Hack//Sign (anime)
    I know that it was suppoused to be 4 games total, but I didn't follow much since I don't have (nor I like) the PS2.
    I thought the PS (even the first) was trying to restrain the video game bussiness from growing hardware based, since Sony has so much technology, but they underpower their consoles so much. They needed the Xbox and Gamecube in order to push them to really try hard for the PS3, and I think it is a shame that the Xbox came so strong in the first try, and the gamcube graphics is still the best (unfortunately, they don't have much games line up)
    Sony's advantage has only been contracts with publushers, and it just damages the gamer that has to buy all console to play the games he likes
    (thought, I only have a gamecube, and a broken Xbox [PSA: Don not try to self mod your Xbox ])
    Enought rantling
    I did some research and I found that there is a game scheduled to be release in September this year.
    Check here:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/hack...mode=developer
    http://www.mobygames.com/game_group/...eGroupId,1468/

Awww, Dechbaud, you rock! I will be trying to buy that as soon as it comes out. Thanks for the information.

Oh have you noticed that there is like only our post here, but like 400 views. What is that about? I know I'm not the only one that likes this series.

As for the PS2, have you ever thought about self mod that? I know it is off topic but I have been wondering if it is going to have 20gbs counld it just be turned into a computer as well?

Speech is
    Blondie

PS3 probably would be the first to try to buy because it has the hard drive, but since I currently don't have internet at home there are 2 things that stopped me from running to the store to reserve it:
    1) No internet at home, so I won't be able to download content at home (thought I play with the gamecube at work in the big projection screen )
    2) the price tag :lol
    Maybe I will buy a PS2 next year after the PS3 is out. Since I have so many PC games I am never in a hurry to buy new consoles.
    About the PS2 with hard drive, I am guessing you meant the PS3 with 20 GB HDD

Yes, I meant the ps3 with hd. Must be nice to have big screen at work to play on!!!
    I totally understand about the games, I stick with PS because I have over 100 PS games I have about 20 -25 gamecube games.

Speech is
    Blondie

Humm, I have about 20 games for the gc as well. Do you have Eternal Darkness??? Awesome game. I think it is the game with the best use of surround sound. You can finish it in about 1 hour and half, but you got to finish it 3 times to get the real finish, and the most interesting mode is the green one (sanity)
    A friend lend me that game and I had to buy it, even thought I had already finished it.
    Now, you have 100PS games. I have about 100 Dreamcast games. and 1 PS2 game (Clock Tower 3)The Dreamcast had some awesome games like Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 (I have the limited japanese version. Got it new from ebay at 65 $ . I love that game) San Francisco Rush 2049, Shenmue, Gaunlet Legends (with good graphics, not like in the N64) Powerstone to name some