Thread: OE: Need move folders between identities in same puter

OE: Need move folders between identities in same puter

Hello, I just registered when I read an answer to a similar question (though not the same), by someone who seems very knowledgeable: Dehcbad25, but I know there are others as knowldegeable and kind in this forum! I'm sorry I couldn't find the thread again, but here also DeniseSI has a similar problem and again not the same...Hence this new thread:

I created in Outlook Express a number of folders in one of my 3 identities, that are now filled with files. I need to move these folders (and their files inside) to another one of my 3 identities in the same computer and same OE. For instance, how to move Folders in Identity "A", to Identity "B"?

I searched for hours since yesterday but none of the pre-fabricated answers in google and some forums like "Ask Leo", etc. gave an answer; they were ALMOST the same but not quite. Mostly had to do with transfers to another machine or for Full Outlook or other details...

I hope to hear from someone as to what's the best and easiest way to make these transfers please? Thanks ever so much! Adela

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Well check it out friend:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct30.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your help, Big Booger, and I'm so sorry for not getting back sooner!

How odd that the Washington Post should contribute with some technical suggestions - it's wonderful! But even the simpler of the 2 seems so complicated to me. However, I intend to keep it and some day I'll venture into that and will see what happen.

Again thanks a lot! Adela

P.S. I now have a more urgent problem which I'll post in the proper place.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    Well check it out friend:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct30.html

Hope that helps!
    Hello again Big Booger! And thank you for the article. I had the chance to read it and it's very good for transferring the files and folders from one computer to another (I'll keep it for the future), but my problem is that I need to transfer from one identity to another in the same computer (Outlook Express calls them "identities". The last techi I had messed them all up so that the files and folders that belonged to one identity he put in another. And it wasn't that he put them all as a block, in the wrong identities in each case, no...they are all intermingled in any old way.

I guess I'll have to learn how to live with it... Happy Holidays and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year! Adela
    Last edited by Adela; December 17th, 2006 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Clicked on the wrong smilie...

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Adela have you tried exporting the files/folders to a removeable drive/device? Then exit one identity, log into the other, and then import the files/folders that you exported from the previous identity?

It might take a while, but I would think this might be possible to do... not to sure those as I only have one identity.

Hi Big Booger, I didn't mean to leave without answering your kind post, but I had to go away on the day I received it and returned just a few days ago.
    Adela have you tried exporting the files/folders to a removeable drive/device? Then exit one identity, log into the other, and then import the files/folders that you exported from the previous identity?
    This sounds good and I'd like to try it although right now I have a more pressing problem: bulk emailing which I'll post in a proper forum here in the hopes someone could tell me what provider does it without unreasonable restrictions, etc. )

Thanks so much! Adela