Thread: system32 window opens on start up!

system32 window opens on start up!

Ok guys......I got an annoying problem here.

Everytime I start up - very sluggish and slow

I get the system32 window up. What is the deal with that? Did it end up on start up somehow?

Used Registry Mechanic but still the system32 window pops up

Now I have to say.....Creative went totally corrupt on me and I totally removed the card and attempted to remove all instances of any software associated with it. EVEN removed it from the registry manually..........it came back!

Is there a ghost in the machine?

Apparently, since I tried to update Creative software, it became completely hosed up.

Any ideas on the system32 window? And......suggestions please on sound. My husband wants to buy the new Audigy since we have the 5 1/4 thingy with all the buttons and holes in the front from the original Audigy. I say to hell with Creative, was nothing but problems to begin with. Turtle Beach? Any other suggestions? I want good sound, I've got tons of music I set up to play while I'm home and I want it all to sound great and I want GREAT software with it.

Yeah I know, just like a woman....wanting it all and being picky about it to!

Thanks in advance.......Sharon

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I have an old Turtle Beach Montego II that's been working perfectly for..."several" years now. And under multiple different OS's. It's been a great card for me.

Anyway back to teh subject, kill all your startup items via MSCONFIG and see if the folder still pops up. I'm certain it won't, but give it a shot.

Thanks Rik, you I killed mostly all start up items......the window didn't come up!

I've heard good things about Turtle Beach, so I guess you've confirmed it for me. Gonna take a look online today and see what they've got!

Sharon