Thread: Unable to Access Favorites in Internet Explorer

Unable to Access Favorites in Internet Explorer

I can no longer access favorites in internet explorer. When I bring up the program, the favorites are on the left as always, but when I click on any of them I get nothing, not even an error message. I can type the address in the address bar and get the site. However, if I save it as a favorite and then try to click on it I get nothing. I installed firefox and imported the favorites from IE but got the same result on the imports. Click and get nothing. When I type the site into FF and bookmark it, it works fine. I am thinking I might have deleted some file or files by mistake. Is there a simple way to repair IE or does anyone have any suggestions?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    You said you just ran a reg cleaner to get rid of AV, don't no what cleaner you used but it should have a backup of the things cleaned. Try the backup and see if it restores things.

Unable to Access Favorites in Internet Explorer

This is not the same computer that I ran the reg cleaner on. I tried clicking on a favorite again and got the box that said Windows could not open this file. Needed to know what created it. I tried the internet option to no avail. Then tried several of the programs provided. Still no luck. I noticed in the forum there was a reference to a repair tool for IE5, but I'm using IE6. On checking the site where the repair tool was, there was also a reference to reinstalling IE. Not sure how you do that.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Here's some good instructions http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_r...e_and_oe_6.htm

Hope this helps