Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSN Messenger hijacked - Please help - [FIXED]

Just to keep you updated. She is trying to get some evidence with which to nail the little **at before I attempt clean the PC for her (probably tomorrow).

Hi all,

Just to keep you all informed. Couldn't really get any hard evidence on culprit, but enough circumstantial to speak to his parents and say that we were not 100% sure, but were thinking of going to police with it (think this may have done the job).

Have cleaned machine as per all suggestions and the problem has not re-occurred since, so fingers crossed.

Many thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    In all honesty I would probably still suggest a clean OS install just to be sure no keyloggers or trojans are on the system.

Short of your kid giving out the usernames and passwords, I know of no other way this could happen.

Sorry for delay in response, but have been away for past week. Still no further problems to report. However, he definitely did not give out the passwords and you may well be correct, so I think I will probably do a clean OS install anyway (just to be on the safe side). Thanks again for your help.