Thread: aegia Physx Processor..

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

aegia Physx Processor..

Just bought Ghost Recon, Advanced Warfighter....Installed the game...first Avi to play starts you out in a transport plane waiting for the door to open so you and your team can make the jump (Door opens slow)...you jump, skydive for a bit then you see your chute open then suddenly you realize...oh no...lol...my system is too slow...

During the install you get a message about a driver install for something called an Aegia Physx Processor...lmao...wtf...turns out that this runs in conjunction with you CPU and GPU...to calculate billions of mathematical computations per second in order to run the damn game...without this bad boy, which just came out by the way(at the meager price of 300.00)..your playing the game in choppy slow motion...I am guessing that this is the direction that the gaming industry is going. So get ready peeps...lmao...to spend some money...my card arrives today. Asus and BFG are the only two companies that produce the card....imagine that...I will keep you posted on the results after I install it....

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    yeah, I've been reading more and more about physics processors for high end games. There was also this article (posted in the hardware news) about have a 3 video card setup and one of the cards acting as the physics processor.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...606235605.html

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    guess I'm not gonna be a gamer anymore...can't afford ta keep up.

Card arrived on schedule....installed and ready to run....thought I would post a link on this bad boy so you can see a bit more....will keep you posted....

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200..._review/1.html

Some of the demo videos available from the Aegeia website are very nice looking:
    http://www.ageia.com/physx_in_action/footage.html

I really like the concept of a physics card, and the gameplay oportunities presented by it are very impressive. I don't know if fast, realistic physics is going to drive gameplay into new directions in the long run, but physics processors will probably eventually become commonplace and used to greater or lesser degree in almost every game, just like 3D cards are today.

I agree man....there is more to this story....fill you peeps in tomorrow....gotta go to work early today.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Wow... is there an option to not install the version of the game that requires the physics card?? They are awesome games, would be a shame to require even more hardware for the mainstream user...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    Wow... is there an option to not install the version of the game that requires the physics card?? They are awesome games, would be a shame to require even more hardware for the mainstream user...
    When you install the game, it checks your system for the physx card....then installs the driver....lol....card or no card....caution here though...not all cards are supported.....the 6 series are, but not the 7's as yet....low end 6 series run the game like crap....BFG tech support says the 7 series will either be patched by the game developers or a driver to support the 7 series.....I almost bought the geforce 7950 GX2....$600.00 bucks....before finding that the 7 series wasn't supported yet.....duh....already had the 7600 gt oc...upgraded from the 6600...before finding out that the game wasn't supported.....waiting....waiting...waiting....lol......

Damn - I have a GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E
    This graphics card vs game dev. is getting ludicrous.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Damn - I have a GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E
    This graphics card vs game dev. is getting ludicrous.

I agree z3n.....becoming a real pain in the butt....I almost bought the Geforce 7950 GX 2 before saying enough is enough....I have reached my limit with this constant upgrading.....time for a gaming system me thinks...I refuse to spend another dime on hardware upgrades.....kinda like a dog chasing it's tail ya know.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Can't afford it anymore