Thread: Url's

Url's

Can someone help me with a problem I developed with outlook express? When I click on URL's nothing happens... I can copy/paste to browser but that's a pain. Any ideas?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    What is your default browser? If it isn't IE then try this: http://www.howtodothings.com/compute...ss-emails.html

If that is not the case You may need to reregister some of the .dll files as noted in this article, "Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word". http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301/en-us
    Last edited by rik; July 1st, 2006 at 19:19 PM.

url

Ok I am using IE as a browser, and I tried your second option and all dll files loaded except regsvr32 msjava.dll . It comes up with an error that it "Failed to load" could not find specified module. Any other solutions? Thanks in Advance for the replies!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Go to Start > Run and type in regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit enter.(make sure you leave a space between regsvr32 and urlmon.dll )

When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message,hit OK.

You might need to reboot first for the links to start working.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

still no luck

Tried the last suggestion, no luck... Thanks though.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional
    Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
    Click Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click File Types.
    In the Registered File Types box, click URL:File Transfer Protocol, and then click Advanced.
    In the Actions box, click Open, and then click Edit.
    The Application Used To Perform Action box may display the path to your Web browser as a short file name. Type the path to your Web browser using the full long file name. For example, change:

c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe

-to-

c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe (include the quotation marks).
    Click OK, click OK again, and then click Close.
    Repeat steps 3-6 for the following registered file types:
    URL:Gopher Protocol
    URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
    URL:Hypertext Transfer protocol with Privacy
    Click Close.
    NOTE: If you follow these steps, you may receive the following prompt when Internet Explorer starts:

Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?
    Ensure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default browser check box is not checked under Internet Options, or the issue may recur.

If you click Yes, the issue may recur.
    Give that a go. It may work.

Ie

I don't have the issue in IE, only in Outlook express

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pabowhunter View Post
    I don't have the issue in IE, only in Outlook express
    The thing is, IE and Outlook Express share the same settings. Give what I said a try, that is if IE is your default browser.

Once you do, you might just find that your links are working again when you click them in outlook express.

What that tweak does is registers all URLs with Internet Explorer, thus allowing your clicked links to reassociate with the browser so that they will function properly when clicked.

If firefox or some other browser is your default, then the instructions will need modification.