Thread: corrupt Pst

corrupt Pst

Hi all,

Having a absolute nightmare with a corrupt o/l 2003 pst file. I have even gone to measures of buying software off the web but still to no avail. the file is about 1.94 gb large and will scan with the repair tool but not repair as the tool just crashes when it comes to repairing.

Tried the pst2gb tool from m/s to cut a bit off the file but it will not work afterwards any way.

Basically i think i am scr**ed but if any may have a remedy i thought i would throw it out there.

Any Ideas ???????

cheers
    sambo

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    what tool are you using to repair it? is it scanpst.exe. what happens when you recreate your profile and try to reconnect to the pst.

I have reinstalled the o/s and joined the profile back in to the domain, recovered every single document including the pst but every time i try to import it tells me to run scanpst.exe becuae it has errors which i do then when it comes to repairing it it just stops responding. Tried to trunicate it with the m/s tool then run scanpst again but it keeps happening. I bought outllook recovery toolbox but it crap as it recovers nothing from the file i need.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well might say its not responding but with a pst that big might take 45mins to an hr to run scanpst. Here at work I've seen it take well over 2 hrs to run...thats with all the apps and services that I could shut down. I would start it before bed and give that a shot.
    Last edited by phishhead; August 4th, 2006 at 13:33 PM.